Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (8152 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (10141 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (10751 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (10849 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (17185 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6085 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10101 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (24189 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (9881 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (6987 views)