Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10675 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (31720 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10215 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (24334 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7321 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (15182 views)

Very itchy dog. My sweet Molly has a skin infection my recent visit to the vet diagnosed it as... (4937 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (10359 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12890 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8139 views)