Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (8271 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (11709 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12029 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (7127 views)

Dog licking other dog's ear. My roommate's pit/lab mix Champ is moderately obsessed with licking/chewing on my... (52679 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (21148 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (5595 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (13242 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (7675 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (11616 views)