Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (9464 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (12488 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (13075 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (11692 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (11147 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (7769 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (7607 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (8879 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (131918 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (9588 views)