Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13307 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9962 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11841 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7380 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6635 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10111 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (5973 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4446 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8595 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (7218 views)