Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (30262 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (249765 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (12854 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (54688 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (29001 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (30726 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (6813 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (38102 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (293260 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (28921 views)