Bump on roof of mouth.

Breed: golden
Hi

I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've noticed there's a pink, diamond-shaped bump on the top of his mouth directly behind the two front top teeth. Is this normal?
Jay

Hi Jay and thanks for a great question. What you are describing is something called the incisive papilla. It is totally normal. It sits on the roof of the mouth right in the middle just behind the top teeth.

In some dogs it is bigger than in others. For some reason it seems to be bigger in Golden Retrievers.

Hope that answers your question!

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (76964 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (25028 views)

Should I help a sick vole? I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs,... (9145 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11430 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (33078 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (8909 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15393 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (17300 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12422 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (11323 views)