Why can't I get rid of fleas?

Breed: ?
How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea spray with comb. I've also removed and washed all bedding and curtains. I've sprayed the whole house with flea insecticide, and applied flea powder on rugs. I vaccum everyday and discard trash in plastic bags which I quickly remove from home. Nothing is working, please help.

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

I get so frustrated with over the counter flea products!

If you use a prescription product such as Advantage, Frontline or Revolution, you will be guaranteed to get rid of your problem.

You need to use the product monthly for at least 3 months and also treat every animal in the house.

These companies have guarantees so if you still have fleas they will help you to determine why.

Pet store flea products simply do not work!

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (12768 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (52816 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (37115 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (5705 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (6136 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (4033 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (42433 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (7591 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (26782 views)

Extreme chattering. Hello my senior dog/male neutered/mutt (not sure how old..in the teens) has a... (14393 views)