Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: chihuahua
My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He is doing alot of shaking and twitching. He was eating and drinking earlier. But when I got back home, my wife said she woke up and he was just laying there not responding. I wrapped him up in a blanket and gave him some water with a medication dropper and he drank it but his is still in the same state. What could be worng with him? Olease help me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Bailey is not doing well.

If he is unable to move anything but his head it sounds like he has sustained an injury to his neck.

This is a situation where Bailey needs to be seen by a vet right away. If there is a neck injury, sometimes if we can treat it fast enough we can reduce inflammation and really do some good.

If it is not his neck then there are a number of other conditions that can cause a young dog to suddenly become unresponsive such as toxicities, serious liver problems (such as a liver shunt) and more.

Hopefully he will be able to see the vet soon. I really hope he is ok!

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (12514 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (7335 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6430 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (13166 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8705 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (13976 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7460 views)

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (36741 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (9843 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25530 views)