Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: chihuahua
My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He is doing alot of shaking and twitching. He was eating and drinking earlier. But when I got back home, my wife said she woke up and he was just laying there not responding. I wrapped him up in a blanket and gave him some water with a medication dropper and he drank it but his is still in the same state. What could be worng with him? Olease help me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Bailey is not doing well.

If he is unable to move anything but his head it sounds like he has sustained an injury to his neck.

This is a situation where Bailey needs to be seen by a vet right away. If there is a neck injury, sometimes if we can treat it fast enough we can reduce inflammation and really do some good.

If it is not his neck then there are a number of other conditions that can cause a young dog to suddenly become unresponsive such as toxicities, serious liver problems (such as a liver shunt) and more.

Hopefully he will be able to see the vet soon. I really hope he is ok!

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (58382 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (19247 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19809 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7488 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (47516 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18759 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (127958 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6893 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8742 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (22260 views)