Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: chihuahua
My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He is doing alot of shaking and twitching. He was eating and drinking earlier. But when I got back home, my wife said she woke up and he was just laying there not responding. I wrapped him up in a blanket and gave him some water with a medication dropper and he drank it but his is still in the same state. What could be worng with him? Olease help me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Bailey is not doing well.

If he is unable to move anything but his head it sounds like he has sustained an injury to his neck.

This is a situation where Bailey needs to be seen by a vet right away. If there is a neck injury, sometimes if we can treat it fast enough we can reduce inflammation and really do some good.

If it is not his neck then there are a number of other conditions that can cause a young dog to suddenly become unresponsive such as toxicities, serious liver problems (such as a liver shunt) and more.

Hopefully he will be able to see the vet soon. I really hope he is ok!

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11837 views)

Large mammary lump. Hi Dr Marie My dog Jenna is 13. Lately i have been aware that she has developed a... (9735 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (17057 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (26989 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (11375 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (10680 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (6158 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (18791 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (8457 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (8375 views)