Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: chihuahua
My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He is doing alot of shaking and twitching. He was eating and drinking earlier. But when I got back home, my wife said she woke up and he was just laying there not responding. I wrapped him up in a blanket and gave him some water with a medication dropper and he drank it but his is still in the same state. What could be worng with him? Olease help me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Bailey is not doing well.

If he is unable to move anything but his head it sounds like he has sustained an injury to his neck.

This is a situation where Bailey needs to be seen by a vet right away. If there is a neck injury, sometimes if we can treat it fast enough we can reduce inflammation and really do some good.

If it is not his neck then there are a number of other conditions that can cause a young dog to suddenly become unresponsive such as toxicities, serious liver problems (such as a liver shunt) and more.

Hopefully he will be able to see the vet soon. I really hope he is ok!

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11838 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (25191 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (33197 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (10684 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (16277 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (22542 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (15393 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (17025 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59594 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (11951 views)