Paralyzed chihuahua

Breed: chihuahua
My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He is doing alot of shaking and twitching. He was eating and drinking earlier. But when I got back home, my wife said she woke up and he was just laying there not responding. I wrapped him up in a blanket and gave him some water with a medication dropper and he drank it but his is still in the same state. What could be worng with him? Olease help me.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Bailey is not doing well.

If he is unable to move anything but his head it sounds like he has sustained an injury to his neck.

This is a situation where Bailey needs to be seen by a vet right away. If there is a neck injury, sometimes if we can treat it fast enough we can reduce inflammation and really do some good.

If it is not his neck then there are a number of other conditions that can cause a young dog to suddenly become unresponsive such as toxicities, serious liver problems (such as a liver shunt) and more.

Hopefully he will be able to see the vet soon. I really hope he is ok!

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (28401 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (11161 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23401 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (18380 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9953 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (10033 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (12295 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5943 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9818 views)

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (47136 views)