Gunk in cat's eyes.

Breed: sort hair
hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her eyes is this normal?

Having discharge from the eyes is not a normal response to a vaccination.

It's possible that she has picked up an upper respiratory virus. She may have picked it up at the waiting room of your vet's. Or it's possible that she has been harboring it for a while and the stress of the visit stressed her immune system enough to cause her to get sick.

Some cats with URTI get better on their own. She may get no further symptoms. But, if the discharge turns to green or if she is really not feeling well then a vet visit is the best idea.

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (19562 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (6137 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8830 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (17496 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (32296 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (16965 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (13920 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (12534 views)

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (5269 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (12537 views)