Gunk in cat's eyes.

Breed: sort hair
hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her eyes is this normal?

Having discharge from the eyes is not a normal response to a vaccination.

It's possible that she has picked up an upper respiratory virus. She may have picked it up at the waiting room of your vet's. Or it's possible that she has been harboring it for a while and the stress of the visit stressed her immune system enough to cause her to get sick.

Some cats with URTI get better on their own. She may get no further symptoms. But, if the discharge turns to green or if she is really not feeling well then a vet visit is the best idea.

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (11855 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (14039 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11704 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (7749 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (21712 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5026 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7801 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (4325 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8626 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (35701 views)