Gunk in cat's eyes.

Breed: sort hair
hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her eyes is this normal?

Having discharge from the eyes is not a normal response to a vaccination.

It's possible that she has picked up an upper respiratory virus. She may have picked it up at the waiting room of your vet's. Or it's possible that she has been harboring it for a while and the stress of the visit stressed her immune system enough to cause her to get sick.

Some cats with URTI get better on their own. She may get no further symptoms. But, if the discharge turns to green or if she is really not feeling well then a vet visit is the best idea.

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8593 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (12174 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11712 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (17803 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (7238 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (128872 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (11176 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (15155 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (18338 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (20584 views)