Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (11954 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (25658 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (17650 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (7666 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7156 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (46541 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56136 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (37742 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (19003 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (19199 views)