Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (10140 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (12346 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (26230 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (7390 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (13788 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (11673 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (11098 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (8756 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (138723 views)

6 month puppy drinks a lot. I got Bentley at 3 months old. Since the beginning I always felt as if he was... (32345 views)