Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (25533 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (10666 views)

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (52878 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (10493 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (77029 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (16222 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (27515 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (7656 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (18212 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (9239 views)