Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (10449 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (20276 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (76751 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (12925 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (10479 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (9723 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (10933 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (22019 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (47593 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (14712 views)