Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (42498 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (11694 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (30526 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (9125 views)

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (88508 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (8569 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (14048 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (10208 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (12307 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (8571 views)