Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (9120 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (12453 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (112563 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14701 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (17639 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5370 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (13595 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (8571 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (23982 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (16506 views)