Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (35955 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (7069 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (8345 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (20363 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (12047 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (15816 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (12505 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9893 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (11400 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (47721 views)