Cat's foot is swollen.

Breed: Stray Cat
His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been really mean.What do i need to do to treat this swollen foot and paw?

The vast majority of the time if a cat has a swollen foot it is because there is infection present. If there is infection then there is no at-home treatment.

Your cat will need to see a vet and get some antibiotics. He will need either antibiotic tablets or a long lasting antibiotic injection called Convenia.

Please don't wait too long to have him seen! If this infection is left for too long he may need intravenous antibiotics or could need some expensive surgery.

I hope he is ok!

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (6906 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (21923 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (22204 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (74870 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (7398 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (82101 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (8816 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11596 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (23933 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (17861 views)