Small pink lump on back.

Breed: Caviler King Charles
My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have recently noticed that it has grown a small amount. To describe it, it has three small round lumps all together in one lump. One of the three looks like it has liquid in it. I can push into it without it hurting my dog at all. Should I take him to a vet right away, pop it with a needle? Could this just be a mole due to old age? He is 10 years old. Thanks.

Thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps without actually being able to see the lump.

There is a good chance that what you are describing is a cyst. If so, most cysts are nothing to worry about.

However, there are some cancerous lumps that can look like this. It could be something called a mast cell tumor, a spindle cell tumor or even a fibrosarcoma.

You definitely should not try to pop it. This will not accomplish anything and could make things worse.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. If it is something serious then they can remove it for you. And if not, then at least you know not to worry!

Hope everything is ok!

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (4294 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (4395 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (3684 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (6955 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (27980 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (11524 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (6877 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (11611 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (11750 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (12074 views)