Small pink lump on back.

Breed: Caviler King Charles
My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have recently noticed that it has grown a small amount. To describe it, it has three small round lumps all together in one lump. One of the three looks like it has liquid in it. I can push into it without it hurting my dog at all. Should I take him to a vet right away, pop it with a needle? Could this just be a mole due to old age? He is 10 years old. Thanks.

Thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps without actually being able to see the lump.

There is a good chance that what you are describing is a cyst. If so, most cysts are nothing to worry about.

However, there are some cancerous lumps that can look like this. It could be something called a mast cell tumor, a spindle cell tumor or even a fibrosarcoma.

You definitely should not try to pop it. This will not accomplish anything and could make things worse.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. If it is something serious then they can remove it for you. And if not, then at least you know not to worry!

Hope everything is ok!

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (7792 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9249 views)

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (91581 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (12650 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (38254 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24333 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8514 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17700 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19809 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35916 views)