Small pink lump on back.

Breed: Caviler King Charles
My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have recently noticed that it has grown a small amount. To describe it, it has three small round lumps all together in one lump. One of the three looks like it has liquid in it. I can push into it without it hurting my dog at all. Should I take him to a vet right away, pop it with a needle? Could this just be a mole due to old age? He is 10 years old. Thanks.

Thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps without actually being able to see the lump.

There is a good chance that what you are describing is a cyst. If so, most cysts are nothing to worry about.

However, there are some cancerous lumps that can look like this. It could be something called a mast cell tumor, a spindle cell tumor or even a fibrosarcoma.

You definitely should not try to pop it. This will not accomplish anything and could make things worse.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. If it is something serious then they can remove it for you. And if not, then at least you know not to worry!

Hope everything is ok!

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (12130 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (6209 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (21723 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (11669 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (136399 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14911 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (11088 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (5738 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (12605 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13368 views)