Small pink lump on back.

Breed: Caviler King Charles
My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have recently noticed that it has grown a small amount. To describe it, it has three small round lumps all together in one lump. One of the three looks like it has liquid in it. I can push into it without it hurting my dog at all. Should I take him to a vet right away, pop it with a needle? Could this just be a mole due to old age? He is 10 years old. Thanks.

Thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps without actually being able to see the lump.

There is a good chance that what you are describing is a cyst. If so, most cysts are nothing to worry about.

However, there are some cancerous lumps that can look like this. It could be something called a mast cell tumor, a spindle cell tumor or even a fibrosarcoma.

You definitely should not try to pop it. This will not accomplish anything and could make things worse.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. If it is something serious then they can remove it for you. And if not, then at least you know not to worry!

Hope everything is ok!

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (8322 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (5895 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (14806 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (8194 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8800 views)

Liver disease and diarrhea? Hi Dr. Marie My 11 y.o. Boston Andi (about 14 pounds) has been a healthy girl all... (6670 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (10232 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (5471 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (5758 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (14370 views)