Small pink lump on back.

Breed: Caviler King Charles
My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have recently noticed that it has grown a small amount. To describe it, it has three small round lumps all together in one lump. One of the three looks like it has liquid in it. I can push into it without it hurting my dog at all. Should I take him to a vet right away, pop it with a needle? Could this just be a mole due to old age? He is 10 years old. Thanks.

Thanks for your question. It's always hard to answer questions about lumps without actually being able to see the lump.

There is a good chance that what you are describing is a cyst. If so, most cysts are nothing to worry about.

However, there are some cancerous lumps that can look like this. It could be something called a mast cell tumor, a spindle cell tumor or even a fibrosarcoma.

You definitely should not try to pop it. This will not accomplish anything and could make things worse.

It's probably a good idea to have your vet take a look. If it is something serious then they can remove it for you. And if not, then at least you know not to worry!

Hope everything is ok!

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (223329 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (7571 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (7228 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (6691 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (34259 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (17942 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (4022 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (15506 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (33489 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (19588 views)