Mole on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab mix
My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take him into my vet to see something else? It doesn't seem painful or bothering to him.

It can be quite common for dogs to get skin tags, and mole-like lesions that are nothing to worry about. However, sometimes these can be more serious things. Often I can't even tell whether or not to be worried until I do a fine needle aspirate of the lump.

I always recommend getting lumps checked out! It doesn't have to be done urgently, but next time you're in it's a good idea to have it checked out.

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (10683 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13595 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (10188 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (20412 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (13216 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (8115 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (72374 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8957 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (24464 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (23905 views)