Mole on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab mix
My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take him into my vet to see something else? It doesn't seem painful or bothering to him.

It can be quite common for dogs to get skin tags, and mole-like lesions that are nothing to worry about. However, sometimes these can be more serious things. Often I can't even tell whether or not to be worried until I do a fine needle aspirate of the lump.

I always recommend getting lumps checked out! It doesn't have to be done urgently, but next time you're in it's a good idea to have it checked out.

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (12804 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (7150 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (8994 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (8407 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (50187 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (42674 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (7784 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (10983 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (9760 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (26498 views)