Chicken fillets by Beefeaters.

Breed: Black and Tan Coonho
Dear Dr. Marie,

I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves these Chicken Jerky treats. He is in good health and we have been feeding them to him for over a year now. We stopped giving him the Waggin Train type after we heard there were problems with that brand and we have been giving him the "Chicken Fillets By Beefeaters". I have been reading through your many notes on the internet about the treats made in China and I was sad to find that Beefeaters are also made in China. Is it all the Chicken treats from China or just some of them? The ingredients listed are: Chicken breast and natural flavoring. I'm not giving anymore of these treats to my dog until I find out more. Why take the chance?

Unfortunately we still don't know what the culprit is!

I would definitely avoid any treats or foods with ingredients from China!

Related: Chicken Jerky making dogs sick

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (9273 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (12499 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (8241 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (24356 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (51643 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (8335 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17383 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (9746 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (90686 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (22223 views)