Chicken fillets by Beefeaters.

Breed: Black and Tan Coonho
Dear Dr. Marie,

I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves these Chicken Jerky treats. He is in good health and we have been feeding them to him for over a year now. We stopped giving him the Waggin Train type after we heard there were problems with that brand and we have been giving him the "Chicken Fillets By Beefeaters". I have been reading through your many notes on the internet about the treats made in China and I was sad to find that Beefeaters are also made in China. Is it all the Chicken treats from China or just some of them? The ingredients listed are: Chicken breast and natural flavoring. I'm not giving anymore of these treats to my dog until I find out more. Why take the chance?

Unfortunately we still don't know what the culprit is!

I would definitely avoid any treats or foods with ingredients from China!

Related: Chicken Jerky making dogs sick

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (15754 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (18870 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (24667 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (11817 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (5950 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (26399 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (8611 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (12380 views)

Bloated stomach in Papillion. my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day... (26690 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (13072 views)