Chicken fillets by Beefeaters.

Breed: Black and Tan Coonho
Dear Dr. Marie,

I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves these Chicken Jerky treats. He is in good health and we have been feeding them to him for over a year now. We stopped giving him the Waggin Train type after we heard there were problems with that brand and we have been giving him the "Chicken Fillets By Beefeaters". I have been reading through your many notes on the internet about the treats made in China and I was sad to find that Beefeaters are also made in China. Is it all the Chicken treats from China or just some of them? The ingredients listed are: Chicken breast and natural flavoring. I'm not giving anymore of these treats to my dog until I find out more. Why take the chance?

Unfortunately we still don't know what the culprit is!

I would definitely avoid any treats or foods with ingredients from China!

Related: Chicken Jerky making dogs sick

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (6140 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (8370 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (12819 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (15797 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (40481 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (71107 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (63873 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (10445 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (35320 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8988 views)