Chicken fillets by Beefeaters.

Breed: Black and Tan Coonho
Dear Dr. Marie,

I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves these Chicken Jerky treats. He is in good health and we have been feeding them to him for over a year now. We stopped giving him the Waggin Train type after we heard there were problems with that brand and we have been giving him the "Chicken Fillets By Beefeaters". I have been reading through your many notes on the internet about the treats made in China and I was sad to find that Beefeaters are also made in China. Is it all the Chicken treats from China or just some of them? The ingredients listed are: Chicken breast and natural flavoring. I'm not giving anymore of these treats to my dog until I find out more. Why take the chance?

Unfortunately we still don't know what the culprit is!

I would definitely avoid any treats or foods with ingredients from China!

Related: Chicken Jerky making dogs sick

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11506 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59238 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (12126 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (7291 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (22411 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4630 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (22696 views)

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (14847 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (6545 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (5805 views)