Cat hardly eating.

Breed: tabby
my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is sleeping alot. she is also not very interested when i play with her with her favourite toys. is she sick or just stressed.

Any time a cat does not want to eat I get concerned that there is a medical problem.

If Fudge was recently at the kennel it is possible that she is fighting off an upper respiratory virus. Is she sneezing or stuffed up at all? If so, most cats will get over this on their own. But, given that she is not eating well I would recommend a vet visit.

Some cats can get a condition called fatty liver if they go for a little while without eating. Cats with fatty liver can get very sick. This condition is treatable but the sooner she sees the vet the better.

If it was a boarding kennel where she is loose with other cats then it is possible she has a hidden abscess somewhere. A hidden infection will cause a fever which can cause lethargy and not wanting to eat.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet!

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6055 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18830 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (14982 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (45957 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11566 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (12358 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (29804 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (18960 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7074 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (14862 views)