Cat hardly eating.

Breed: tabby
my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is sleeping alot. she is also not very interested when i play with her with her favourite toys. is she sick or just stressed.

Any time a cat does not want to eat I get concerned that there is a medical problem.

If Fudge was recently at the kennel it is possible that she is fighting off an upper respiratory virus. Is she sneezing or stuffed up at all? If so, most cats will get over this on their own. But, given that she is not eating well I would recommend a vet visit.

Some cats can get a condition called fatty liver if they go for a little while without eating. Cats with fatty liver can get very sick. This condition is treatable but the sooner she sees the vet the better.

If it was a boarding kennel where she is loose with other cats then it is possible she has a hidden abscess somewhere. A hidden infection will cause a fever which can cause lethargy and not wanting to eat.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet!

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46629 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (5235 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5767 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (544339 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (43996 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8531 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68625 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (13059 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (22635 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (16551 views)