Cat hardly eating.

Breed: tabby
my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is sleeping alot. she is also not very interested when i play with her with her favourite toys. is she sick or just stressed.

Any time a cat does not want to eat I get concerned that there is a medical problem.

If Fudge was recently at the kennel it is possible that she is fighting off an upper respiratory virus. Is she sneezing or stuffed up at all? If so, most cats will get over this on their own. But, given that she is not eating well I would recommend a vet visit.

Some cats can get a condition called fatty liver if they go for a little while without eating. Cats with fatty liver can get very sick. This condition is treatable but the sooner she sees the vet the better.

If it was a boarding kennel where she is loose with other cats then it is possible she has a hidden abscess somewhere. A hidden infection will cause a fever which can cause lethargy and not wanting to eat.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet!

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (5245 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (22751 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12141 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (19702 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (15578 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (7061 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (16846 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (20404 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (24765 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (17354 views)