Cat hardly eating.

Breed: tabby
my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is sleeping alot. she is also not very interested when i play with her with her favourite toys. is she sick or just stressed.

Any time a cat does not want to eat I get concerned that there is a medical problem.

If Fudge was recently at the kennel it is possible that she is fighting off an upper respiratory virus. Is she sneezing or stuffed up at all? If so, most cats will get over this on their own. But, given that she is not eating well I would recommend a vet visit.

Some cats can get a condition called fatty liver if they go for a little while without eating. Cats with fatty liver can get very sick. This condition is treatable but the sooner she sees the vet the better.

If it was a boarding kennel where she is loose with other cats then it is possible she has a hidden abscess somewhere. A hidden infection will cause a fever which can cause lethargy and not wanting to eat.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet!

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (19361 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (25677 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (23820 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7503 views)

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (40276 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (13914 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (26387 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6840 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (19317 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8827 views)