Cat hardly eating.

Breed: tabby
my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is sleeping alot. she is also not very interested when i play with her with her favourite toys. is she sick or just stressed.

Any time a cat does not want to eat I get concerned that there is a medical problem.

If Fudge was recently at the kennel it is possible that she is fighting off an upper respiratory virus. Is she sneezing or stuffed up at all? If so, most cats will get over this on their own. But, given that she is not eating well I would recommend a vet visit.

Some cats can get a condition called fatty liver if they go for a little while without eating. Cats with fatty liver can get very sick. This condition is treatable but the sooner she sees the vet the better.

If it was a boarding kennel where she is loose with other cats then it is possible she has a hidden abscess somewhere. A hidden infection will cause a fever which can cause lethargy and not wanting to eat.

It sounds like she will need to see the vet!

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (5193 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (27834 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6272 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12251 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17515 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11422 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15914 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26744 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (50096 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (13998 views)