Swollen dog testicles.

Breed: pit bull
can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is acting likes he don't feel too well

Here are some possible reasons for swollen testicles in dogs:

• An infection in the skin of the scrotum.

• Trauma i.e. if they were hit or damaged in some way.

• Testicular torsion. This is a very serious condition.

• An infection called brucellosis

• Contact irritation - i.e. if he sat in something that burned him or irritated the testicles.

• An insect sting on the testicles.

Dogs can get tumors in their testicles but usually we will only see one testicle that is enlarged. It is also very unusual to see a testicular tumor in a young dog.

In any case it sounds like he is very uncomfortable and I would advise that he sees a vet right away!

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16988 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (16105 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (9113 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (10907 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (7556 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (13689 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (12306 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (20960 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (9875 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (14999 views)