Cancerous growth in dog's mouth?

Breed: bernese mountain dog
Hi,
I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like in dogs? What other symptoms occur? Is there any significance in the fact that my dog has been limping off and on recently? What are the success rates in treating mouth cancer.

Thanks
Mary

Lump questions are always hard to answer online, but I can give you a few general guidelines that may help.

Most (but not all) types of mouth cancers just look "ugly". They are usually dark in color (either black, purple or dark red), inflamed and irregular in appearance.

Some dogs can get a benign growth in their mouth called an epulis. These are nothing to worry about.

I really can't make a connection to the growth in the mouth and limping. There are some cancers that can spread to different parts of the body but there aren't any I can think of that are known to affect both bones and the mouth.

It is probably a good idea to have your vet take a look at Taboo just to put your mind at ease.

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (8581 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (8338 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (34784 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (38163 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (18327 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (14112 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (16209 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (9419 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (7068 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (34734 views)