Cancerous growth in dog's mouth?

Breed: bernese mountain dog
Hi,
I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like in dogs? What other symptoms occur? Is there any significance in the fact that my dog has been limping off and on recently? What are the success rates in treating mouth cancer.

Thanks
Mary

Lump questions are always hard to answer online, but I can give you a few general guidelines that may help.

Most (but not all) types of mouth cancers just look "ugly". They are usually dark in color (either black, purple or dark red), inflamed and irregular in appearance.

Some dogs can get a benign growth in their mouth called an epulis. These are nothing to worry about.

I really can't make a connection to the growth in the mouth and limping. There are some cancers that can spread to different parts of the body but there aren't any I can think of that are known to affect both bones and the mouth.

It is probably a good idea to have your vet take a look at Taboo just to put your mind at ease.

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (6847 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (11623 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (10342 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (26654 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (14833 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (85983 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (15647 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (7553 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (134756 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (12333 views)