Cancerous growth in dog's mouth?

Breed: bernese mountain dog
Hi,
I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like in dogs? What other symptoms occur? Is there any significance in the fact that my dog has been limping off and on recently? What are the success rates in treating mouth cancer.

Thanks
Mary

Lump questions are always hard to answer online, but I can give you a few general guidelines that may help.

Most (but not all) types of mouth cancers just look "ugly". They are usually dark in color (either black, purple or dark red), inflamed and irregular in appearance.

Some dogs can get a benign growth in their mouth called an epulis. These are nothing to worry about.

I really can't make a connection to the growth in the mouth and limping. There are some cancers that can spread to different parts of the body but there aren't any I can think of that are known to affect both bones and the mouth.

It is probably a good idea to have your vet take a look at Taboo just to put your mind at ease.

Sore hips in 1 year old cat. I have a 1 year old cat and she has had "stiff back legs" since we got her at 8... (13923 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (45814 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (19946 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (21460 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8682 views)

Facial lymph nodes on a dog. My puppy has a lump under each eye. Almost like a gland. I have no clue, maybe tumor... (22643 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (10373 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8866 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (16726 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (7076 views)