Will neutering help my dog?

Breed: jack russel shih tzu
my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog nuetering will my dog stop licking his genital area?

Your dog will probably stop licking his genitals after being neutered, but no one can say for sure.

Is he red in this area? Does he have any scabs or sores? If so, he may have a skin infection which would need to be treated by a vet.

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10491 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5952 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5416 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13474 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15771 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6198 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (46604 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (9368 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (4283 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5209 views)