Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8410 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10099 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (14190 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11577 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (10419 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (8762 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4501 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (21606 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (49705 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (11805 views)