Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (55112 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15871 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (10592 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (7850 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (14908 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (11830 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (22739 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5622 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (8571 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (8409 views)