Tapeworm pictures in a dog.

Breed: american bulldog
I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she lays there are little yellow hard things(they dont move) I am wondering if those are eggs and if thats dangerous? We first thought it was part of a bone or something but they definilty arent. They are the size of a magget but are yellowish and really hard like a bone

I'm wondering if what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. Tapeworm segments can look like a dried up piece of rice, or sunflower seeds. Or, if you catch them when they are fresh they can look bigger than either of those.

Here are some pictures of tapeworms:

tapeworm segment

tapeworm segments

tapeworm - full worm

If you live in the US, you can buy a Tapeworm Dewormer for Dogs without a prescription. But in some countries, like Canada you need to see your vet to get a dewormer that kills tapeworms.

It is a great idea to have your vet do some stool sample tests to make sure that there is not some other type of parasite present.

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (9866 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (29177 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9246 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (8210 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (33664 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10285 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16183 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (22263 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (9393 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (4605 views)