Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (21624 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (4483 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (55208 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15047 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6624 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (6561 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (13099 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (16129 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9359 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17186 views)