Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (101878 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (21080 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6630 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (17738 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (8508 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (9418 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11930 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (7805 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (15099 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14933 views)