Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10129 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (11013 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (13528 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5494 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (4962 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (16102 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (10154 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (7695 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (20176 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (26991 views)