Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (12430 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (13199 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (10034 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (6658 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (37644 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (4750 views)

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (7048 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7091 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (52455 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26163 views)