Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4336 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (6931 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (19854 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (36847 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (14211 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (7369 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (16971 views)

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (9364 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (8628 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (15267 views)