Yellow liquid at tip of penis.

Breed: Vizsla
Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of liquid on the tip of his penis. I have been ignoring it considering it residue from urinating. Bit it is a bit thicker. Is this normal with a male or should I be concerned of a UTI or something else?

Thanks for your question about your dog. What you are describing with some yellow stuff at the tip of the dog's penis is probably very normal. I will commonly see dogs that have this.

I would be concerned if you are seeing any of the following:

-It is really bothersome and causing him to lick at it a lot
-The penis looks red and inflamed
-There is a bad odor to it
-It turns to a thick green color

But, I would be surprised if any of those things happened. It's ok to take a warm cloth and wipe the yellow debris off if you want to keep him clean.

Thank You!!!

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11625 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24822 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (17578 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25774 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6807 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (14794 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5832 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10900 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (9754 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (10998 views)