Cat is whiney when peeing

Breed: yellow tabby fixed
my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the food to s/o and added another litter box. (i have 2 cats.) the vet put him on some medication and after nearly a month he finally got better. but now he is very winey again. mainly when he gets ready to go to the litter box. however, this time he doesnt have loose poo. is there something at home i can do for him. vet is expincive so i'd like to try home before i try vet again. my other cat is fine.

thanks for the help.

sincerely,

april mcpeak

Related article:FLUTD - Urinary Tract Blockage in Cats.

I'm sorry to hear that Cherokee is having urinary tract problems.

I would highly advise that you have your vet check a urine sample from him to be sure that he is not having more urinary tract issues.

You may want to ask them about the possibility of him having something called interstitial cystitis. This is a condition where there is inflammation in the bladder. Some cats who get interstitial cystitis can have multiple bouts of it throughout their life and need to be on medication either periodically or all of the time.

I wish I could give you advice on a treatment you could do at home, but because urinary tract disease is so serious I always recommend going back to see the vet. If he does have urinary crystals it will be much less expensive to treat the problem now while he is still able to pee than after he gets blocked.

I really hope he is ok!

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (21828 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (10316 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (14667 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (41172 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (15686 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5786 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (38370 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (9030 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4992 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10845 views)