Great Dane not eating.

Breed: great dane
Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and just sleeps all the time. she will eat human food though so i have been giving her hot dogs and watered out skim milk. she seems very short on energy and limps a little. she also has been shaking her ears alot so im not sure if thats an ear ache. molly has had no vomiting or accidents.

You clicked the box saying that Molly was between 5 and 8 years old. For a Great Dane this is considered a senior age.

Whenever I see an older dog who gets picky about their food I get concerned about a medical problem.

It sounds like Molly will need to see the vet for an exam and some blood tests. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed (like a tooth infection). But I am concerned that it might be something more serious.

It is not a good idea to give her hot dogs and milk. Neither of these are good for dogs.

I really hope she is ok!

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (14527 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (31245 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7089 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14324 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (10303 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15626 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (5035 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15217 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (25484 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (38454 views)