Great Dane not eating.

Breed: great dane
Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and just sleeps all the time. she will eat human food though so i have been giving her hot dogs and watered out skim milk. she seems very short on energy and limps a little. she also has been shaking her ears alot so im not sure if thats an ear ache. molly has had no vomiting or accidents.

You clicked the box saying that Molly was between 5 and 8 years old. For a Great Dane this is considered a senior age.

Whenever I see an older dog who gets picky about their food I get concerned about a medical problem.

It sounds like Molly will need to see the vet for an exam and some blood tests. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed (like a tooth infection). But I am concerned that it might be something more serious.

It is not a good idea to give her hot dogs and milk. Neither of these are good for dogs.

I really hope she is ok!

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (22900 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (39783 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (15458 views)

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (11049 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8079 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (36283 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8261 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18368 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (7930 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35339 views)