Great Dane not eating.

Breed: great dane
Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and just sleeps all the time. she will eat human food though so i have been giving her hot dogs and watered out skim milk. she seems very short on energy and limps a little. she also has been shaking her ears alot so im not sure if thats an ear ache. molly has had no vomiting or accidents.

You clicked the box saying that Molly was between 5 and 8 years old. For a Great Dane this is considered a senior age.

Whenever I see an older dog who gets picky about their food I get concerned about a medical problem.

It sounds like Molly will need to see the vet for an exam and some blood tests. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed (like a tooth infection). But I am concerned that it might be something more serious.

It is not a good idea to give her hot dogs and milk. Neither of these are good for dogs.

I really hope she is ok!

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19737 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (7939 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (47306 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (11432 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (6223 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9710 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (17840 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5799 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (103282 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5535 views)