Great Dane not eating.

Breed: great dane
Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and just sleeps all the time. she will eat human food though so i have been giving her hot dogs and watered out skim milk. she seems very short on energy and limps a little. she also has been shaking her ears alot so im not sure if thats an ear ache. molly has had no vomiting or accidents.

You clicked the box saying that Molly was between 5 and 8 years old. For a Great Dane this is considered a senior age.

Whenever I see an older dog who gets picky about their food I get concerned about a medical problem.

It sounds like Molly will need to see the vet for an exam and some blood tests. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed (like a tooth infection). But I am concerned that it might be something more serious.

It is not a good idea to give her hot dogs and milk. Neither of these are good for dogs.

I really hope she is ok!

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (15496 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (47967 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (13966 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (11787 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (10938 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (10362 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (18506 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (42526 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (28050 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (14525 views)