White eye discharge in Guinea Pig.

Breed: guinea pig
i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has soom kind of white stuff coming out of her eyes. she is still eating and drinking but she seems very depressed and i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear that your guinea pig is not well.

A white discharge from the eyes can be an eye infection. Some piggies will get either a chlamydia infection in the eye or a yeast infection which could produce a white discharge. Either of these would need to be treated with medication that would be prescribed by your veterinarian.

Another possibility is a problem with a tooth root. An overgrown tooth root can block off a tear duct. If this is the case, this could account for her losing weight as she may be eating less with a sore tooth.

A tooth problem can be difficult to diagnose. Your vet may need to administer an anesthetic in order to have a good look and hopefully, if it is a tooth root it is something that they can fix!

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (5266 views)

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (26437 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (7964 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (6442 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (9309 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (10198 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (18309 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (16213 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (8596 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (7569 views)