White eye discharge in Guinea Pig.

Breed: guinea pig
i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has soom kind of white stuff coming out of her eyes. she is still eating and drinking but she seems very depressed and i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear that your guinea pig is not well.

A white discharge from the eyes can be an eye infection. Some piggies will get either a chlamydia infection in the eye or a yeast infection which could produce a white discharge. Either of these would need to be treated with medication that would be prescribed by your veterinarian.

Another possibility is a problem with a tooth root. An overgrown tooth root can block off a tear duct. If this is the case, this could account for her losing weight as she may be eating less with a sore tooth.

A tooth problem can be difficult to diagnose. Your vet may need to administer an anesthetic in order to have a good look and hopefully, if it is a tooth root it is something that they can fix!

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (19498 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (47382 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7984 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (17533 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (21475 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (127677 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25415 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (8018 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (16176 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5975 views)