White eye discharge in Guinea Pig.

Breed: guinea pig
i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has soom kind of white stuff coming out of her eyes. she is still eating and drinking but she seems very depressed and i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear that your guinea pig is not well.

A white discharge from the eyes can be an eye infection. Some piggies will get either a chlamydia infection in the eye or a yeast infection which could produce a white discharge. Either of these would need to be treated with medication that would be prescribed by your veterinarian.

Another possibility is a problem with a tooth root. An overgrown tooth root can block off a tear duct. If this is the case, this could account for her losing weight as she may be eating less with a sore tooth.

A tooth problem can be difficult to diagnose. Your vet may need to administer an anesthetic in order to have a good look and hopefully, if it is a tooth root it is something that they can fix!

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (17362 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5055 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (22966 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (9870 views)

Phenobarbital and Zonisamide. Ziggy had cluster seizures as a puppy and we have been controlling them (averages... (7938 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (5338 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (42862 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11381 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10218 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7837 views)