White eye discharge in Guinea Pig.

Breed: guinea pig
i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has soom kind of white stuff coming out of her eyes. she is still eating and drinking but she seems very depressed and i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear that your guinea pig is not well.

A white discharge from the eyes can be an eye infection. Some piggies will get either a chlamydia infection in the eye or a yeast infection which could produce a white discharge. Either of these would need to be treated with medication that would be prescribed by your veterinarian.

Another possibility is a problem with a tooth root. An overgrown tooth root can block off a tear duct. If this is the case, this could account for her losing weight as she may be eating less with a sore tooth.

A tooth problem can be difficult to diagnose. Your vet may need to administer an anesthetic in order to have a good look and hopefully, if it is a tooth root it is something that they can fix!

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (7747 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11643 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (12479 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (10374 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (8208 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (12807 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (47279 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (13299 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (11039 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (34218 views)