White eye discharge in Guinea Pig.

Breed: guinea pig
i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has soom kind of white stuff coming out of her eyes. she is still eating and drinking but she seems very depressed and i dont know what to do.

Sorry to hear that your guinea pig is not well.

A white discharge from the eyes can be an eye infection. Some piggies will get either a chlamydia infection in the eye or a yeast infection which could produce a white discharge. Either of these would need to be treated with medication that would be prescribed by your veterinarian.

Another possibility is a problem with a tooth root. An overgrown tooth root can block off a tear duct. If this is the case, this could account for her losing weight as she may be eating less with a sore tooth.

A tooth problem can be difficult to diagnose. Your vet may need to administer an anesthetic in order to have a good look and hopefully, if it is a tooth root it is something that they can fix!

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (24003 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20405 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (11853 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (22363 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (22403 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (8129 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (33850 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (33690 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25182 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11556 views)