Milo's chicken jerky safety?

Breed: Mixed
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken jerky from china problems. I've been giving my two dogs Milo's chicken jerky for about 4 months (two pieces, one in the morning one at night). The label on the package says 100% real, No artificial flavors or colors..."Created by people who love dogs"...I never realized the jerky was made in china. Is Milo's safe? It discusses me that we can't even make jerky here...import from china, good god!! Are companies that cheap? You can't trust anything from china!! No symptoms yet, should I stop giving them jerky? Thanks, Greg.

We still don't know why dogs are getting sick after eating chicken jerky. What we do know right now is that any chicken jerky that is made in China (or with ingredients from China) is suspect. So, if the packaging says "China" anywhere on it then I would not feed it!

I have had a number of complaints about Milo's in my article on chicken jerky problems in dogs.

There has been no official recall of any chicken jerky products yet.

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (10167 views)

Do cats get leptospirosis? Hi... My Name is Dasha.. i'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I had a kitten, named Lilo,... (12013 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (25263 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (271524 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (10071 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (32585 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7792 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (37360 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (10152 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46595 views)