Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (19194 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (30119 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (8278 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (21073 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (19683 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (48519 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (63875 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (10218 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (9901 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (13254 views)