Limping cat.

Breed: domestic stray
We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked great for her age. She went missing for a couple days and when she came back she was really skinny. I started to let her come inside as she wanted. Tonight when I got home I noticed she was limping on her front right paw. On that same paw I noticed it had a scab on it. Upon examining her I noticed there was a very tiny red bald spot on her leg. So I checked around and on her back she has a long red spot that looks a tad bit bloody, but without any hair lose.She does not have any abnormal growths. She's still eating. Since she's an outside cat idk how her bowl movement are. She has never been to a vet, but other than recently she has had no signs of medical problems

Sorry to hear that your cat had this scare...but very relieved to hear that she made it back home again.

If she is limping and has a scab on her paw then there is a good chance she's got an infection. The most common reason for this would be as a result from a bite from another cat. But, who knows what else she could have gotten into.

If it is an infection, then she will need to have antibioitcs either in the form of pills or an injection. This is something she will need to see a vet for.

It's good that she's still eating, but I wouldn't want to wait for it to get worse. At this stage it's something that probably can be treated simply with antibiotics, but if it gets worse she could need a hospital stay and possibly surgery.

Until you get to the vet's, if she'll let you, it's not a bad idea to soak the foot in a bowl of warm water a few times a day. This won't cure infection, but may help slow down the progression of problems.

I hope things work out ok!

Is this something that could spread to my other animals

If it is an infection, then no, this would not be likely to be contagious.

Well now my other cat has a red spot above her eye

I really can't see how this could be connected to the issue your other cat has. But, if you are concerned or if more spots appear then it's not a bad idea to have a vet take a look.

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (15139 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (27264 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7480 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (16167 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10201 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (18137 views)

Diarrhea and large abdomen. My 5 yr old DSH has been acting weird for the last 2 days. He had foamy,watery... (9527 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5726 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5762 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (59126 views)