Puppy died and had fluid in lungs.

Breed: Anerican Bully
My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american bully breed) just passed away all of sudden. I wasnt sastified with the explainations from the vet and animal hospital gave me.He was perfectly fine until yesterday, i noticed his breathing was very strange like he struggled to breath and he didnt seem to respond at all. I called up the vet nearby to check him up and all the vet gave me was internal bleeding, but from what? The puppy didnt have any kind of accidents or abused! Since the vet didnt help my puppy in any ways. I took him to the animal hospital, by the time i reached the hospital my puppy started to have seizures, they tried to help my puppy but after couple of hours his nose started to bleed and he was choking on something, the doctors at the hospital told me that they did everything they could and the puppy will live no longer than an hour or 2. I couldnt stand and watch him suffer so i asked them to put him to sleep. I asked them about what were the problems. They told me that they need to do an autospy to find out. I agreed, a week later they called and told me that his lungs were filled with water. I wasnt sure if that really caused his death.
Im just trying to find out the reason! Im very grateful if you can help me out
Thank you very much,
Quan Doan

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.

I won't be able to tell you why Bo died, but I can give you some thoughts.

It certainly is possible that he did choke on something such as a toy or a piece of food. When a dog is choking it can cause fluid to build up in the lungs. You would think that an object that causes choking would turn up on an autopsy but it's possible that he managed to expel the object, but still had fluid in the lungs which was the thing that killed him.

Another possibility for fluid in the lungs is if he was born with a heart problem. It's sometimes hard to diagnose that, even on autopsy, especially on a young animal.

Another possibility is if he had had some type of electrical shock. If a dog, for example, chewed an electrical cord it can cause severe pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs.)

Ultimately we will never know, but I think the most likely explanation is that he was choking on something.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (5533 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (8015 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (17380 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17896 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13929 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14186 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45597 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (9887 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10294 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (10353 views)