Puppy died and had fluid in lungs.

Breed: Anerican Bully
My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american bully breed) just passed away all of sudden. I wasnt sastified with the explainations from the vet and animal hospital gave me.He was perfectly fine until yesterday, i noticed his breathing was very strange like he struggled to breath and he didnt seem to respond at all. I called up the vet nearby to check him up and all the vet gave me was internal bleeding, but from what? The puppy didnt have any kind of accidents or abused! Since the vet didnt help my puppy in any ways. I took him to the animal hospital, by the time i reached the hospital my puppy started to have seizures, they tried to help my puppy but after couple of hours his nose started to bleed and he was choking on something, the doctors at the hospital told me that they did everything they could and the puppy will live no longer than an hour or 2. I couldnt stand and watch him suffer so i asked them to put him to sleep. I asked them about what were the problems. They told me that they need to do an autospy to find out. I agreed, a week later they called and told me that his lungs were filled with water. I wasnt sure if that really caused his death.
Im just trying to find out the reason! Im very grateful if you can help me out
Thank you very much,
Quan Doan

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.

I won't be able to tell you why Bo died, but I can give you some thoughts.

It certainly is possible that he did choke on something such as a toy or a piece of food. When a dog is choking it can cause fluid to build up in the lungs. You would think that an object that causes choking would turn up on an autopsy but it's possible that he managed to expel the object, but still had fluid in the lungs which was the thing that killed him.

Another possibility for fluid in the lungs is if he was born with a heart problem. It's sometimes hard to diagnose that, even on autopsy, especially on a young animal.

Another possibility is if he had had some type of electrical shock. If a dog, for example, chewed an electrical cord it can cause severe pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs.)

Ultimately we will never know, but I think the most likely explanation is that he was choking on something.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (18824 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (8847 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (9775 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6416 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (17623 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (19657 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (8450 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (8898 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (7626 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (40008 views)