Puppy died and had fluid in lungs.

Breed: Anerican Bully
My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american bully breed) just passed away all of sudden. I wasnt sastified with the explainations from the vet and animal hospital gave me.He was perfectly fine until yesterday, i noticed his breathing was very strange like he struggled to breath and he didnt seem to respond at all. I called up the vet nearby to check him up and all the vet gave me was internal bleeding, but from what? The puppy didnt have any kind of accidents or abused! Since the vet didnt help my puppy in any ways. I took him to the animal hospital, by the time i reached the hospital my puppy started to have seizures, they tried to help my puppy but after couple of hours his nose started to bleed and he was choking on something, the doctors at the hospital told me that they did everything they could and the puppy will live no longer than an hour or 2. I couldnt stand and watch him suffer so i asked them to put him to sleep. I asked them about what were the problems. They told me that they need to do an autospy to find out. I agreed, a week later they called and told me that his lungs were filled with water. I wasnt sure if that really caused his death.
Im just trying to find out the reason! Im very grateful if you can help me out
Thank you very much,
Quan Doan

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.

I won't be able to tell you why Bo died, but I can give you some thoughts.

It certainly is possible that he did choke on something such as a toy or a piece of food. When a dog is choking it can cause fluid to build up in the lungs. You would think that an object that causes choking would turn up on an autopsy but it's possible that he managed to expel the object, but still had fluid in the lungs which was the thing that killed him.

Another possibility for fluid in the lungs is if he was born with a heart problem. It's sometimes hard to diagnose that, even on autopsy, especially on a young animal.

Another possibility is if he had had some type of electrical shock. If a dog, for example, chewed an electrical cord it can cause severe pulmonary edema (fluid in the lungs.)

Ultimately we will never know, but I think the most likely explanation is that he was choking on something.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (6693 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (9470 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (14268 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (8750 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7529 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6322 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (14862 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4205 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8089 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (5965 views)