Kitten strangled himself.

Breed: Polydactile
My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not breathing, but then started to breath now seems to be ok, but making a weird noise, is there anything i should look out for?

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

I would definitely recommend having your vet examine Mj right away. Hopefully she will have no lasting problems. However, there are a few possible consequences of near strangling.

It is possible that she has some bruising on her neck and around her trachea. If this is the case they can prescribe medication to help. (There is no over the counter medication that would be safe.)

A more serious consequence would be if she has fluid in her lungs which can sometimes happen after strangulation. This is very serious and would require immediate vet care.

I really hope everything is ok!

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (7344 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (12951 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (88124 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6399 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7293 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (8599 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6510 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12359 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9025 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3995 views)