Kitten strangled himself.

Breed: Polydactile
My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not breathing, but then started to breath now seems to be ok, but making a weird noise, is there anything i should look out for?

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

I would definitely recommend having your vet examine Mj right away. Hopefully she will have no lasting problems. However, there are a few possible consequences of near strangling.

It is possible that she has some bruising on her neck and around her trachea. If this is the case they can prescribe medication to help. (There is no over the counter medication that would be safe.)

A more serious consequence would be if she has fluid in her lungs which can sometimes happen after strangulation. This is very serious and would require immediate vet care.

I really hope everything is ok!

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (7836 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (23865 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (23245 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (4377 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (91677 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (17369 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (8016 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (18115 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (30311 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (26427 views)