Kitten strangled himself.

Breed: Polydactile
My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not breathing, but then started to breath now seems to be ok, but making a weird noise, is there anything i should look out for?

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

I would definitely recommend having your vet examine Mj right away. Hopefully she will have no lasting problems. However, there are a few possible consequences of near strangling.

It is possible that she has some bruising on her neck and around her trachea. If this is the case they can prescribe medication to help. (There is no over the counter medication that would be safe.)

A more serious consequence would be if she has fluid in her lungs which can sometimes happen after strangulation. This is very serious and would require immediate vet care.

I really hope everything is ok!

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (32268 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (52764 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (18236 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (21828 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (9648 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (17650 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (17860 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (25398 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (37057 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (47105 views)