Kitten strangled himself.

Breed: Polydactile
My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not breathing, but then started to breath now seems to be ok, but making a weird noise, is there anything i should look out for?

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

I would definitely recommend having your vet examine Mj right away. Hopefully she will have no lasting problems. However, there are a few possible consequences of near strangling.

It is possible that she has some bruising on her neck and around her trachea. If this is the case they can prescribe medication to help. (There is no over the counter medication that would be safe.)

A more serious consequence would be if she has fluid in her lungs which can sometimes happen after strangulation. This is very serious and would require immediate vet care.

I really hope everything is ok!

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5736 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (39424 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (7129 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (9909 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (14202 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (37401 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40118 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (5165 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8032 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (188001 views)