Kitten strangled himself.

Breed: Polydactile
My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not breathing, but then started to breath now seems to be ok, but making a weird noise, is there anything i should look out for?

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that this happened!

I would definitely recommend having your vet examine Mj right away. Hopefully she will have no lasting problems. However, there are a few possible consequences of near strangling.

It is possible that she has some bruising on her neck and around her trachea. If this is the case they can prescribe medication to help. (There is no over the counter medication that would be safe.)

A more serious consequence would be if she has fluid in her lungs which can sometimes happen after strangulation. This is very serious and would require immediate vet care.

I really hope everything is ok!

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (15183 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (246928 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (12603 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (17705 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (10323 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (7782 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (13358 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (12638 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (24199 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (18444 views)