White urine in guinea pig.

Breed: Guinea Pig
My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we should be concerned about? She is eating fine and has no other symptoms.

Guinea pig urine can be milky white or even a little yellow in color.

Some guinea pigs can have problems with bladder stones that can cause their urine to look like a white sludge. This is not normal. Bladder stones can cause crystals to form in the urine. These crystals are called calcium oxalate crystals.

Calcium oxalate cyrstals can form because of eating too much spinach, parsley and celery.

It's a good idea to have your vet examine a urine sample from Princess. If there are calcium oxalate crystals the vet may recommend a diet rich in timothy hay and timothy hay based pellets.

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16810 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6176 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (13514 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (14458 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9424 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10693 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6361 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (32947 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (13373 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (5159 views)