White urine in guinea pig.

Breed: Guinea Pig
My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we should be concerned about? She is eating fine and has no other symptoms.

Guinea pig urine can be milky white or even a little yellow in color.

Some guinea pigs can have problems with bladder stones that can cause their urine to look like a white sludge. This is not normal. Bladder stones can cause crystals to form in the urine. These crystals are called calcium oxalate crystals.

Calcium oxalate cyrstals can form because of eating too much spinach, parsley and celery.

It's a good idea to have your vet examine a urine sample from Princess. If there are calcium oxalate crystals the vet may recommend a diet rich in timothy hay and timothy hay based pellets.

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (21108 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (7658 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (16798 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (10737 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (20557 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (12246 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (15805 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (16256 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (14493 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (14220 views)