White urine in guinea pig.

Breed: Guinea Pig
My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we should be concerned about? She is eating fine and has no other symptoms.

Guinea pig urine can be milky white or even a little yellow in color.

Some guinea pigs can have problems with bladder stones that can cause their urine to look like a white sludge. This is not normal. Bladder stones can cause crystals to form in the urine. These crystals are called calcium oxalate crystals.

Calcium oxalate cyrstals can form because of eating too much spinach, parsley and celery.

It's a good idea to have your vet examine a urine sample from Princess. If there are calcium oxalate crystals the vet may recommend a diet rich in timothy hay and timothy hay based pellets.

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (11813 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (14283 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (17405 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9544 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15279 views)

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23059 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (14575 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (17155 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (11702 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13311 views)