Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9696 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (24989 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7721 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (10673 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (88301 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (13651 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (7530 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (76288 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (11367 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (17039 views)