Can dogs drink tea?

Breed: Pitbull
Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to grow.

I know it sounds strange but as a new dog owner I want to make sure I am doing all I can to ensure the dogs health.

Tea is safe for dogs in small amounts. There are some dogs that can get stomach upset from drinking tea. This is mostly because of the milk (if you use milk). Most dogs are actually lactose intolerant.

If you gave a dog a lot of tea every day it's possible it could cause them to build up calcium oxalate crystals in their bladder and this could be serious.

But, is tea beneficial to dogs? It's unlikely that tea will have any benefits for your dog. It will not promote growth as you have heard.

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (16498 views)

Hydrocode side effect? My dog is a 16-1/2 year old Wheaten who has had two seizures at a groomers. I took... (7920 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (14788 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8367 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (8437 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (5398 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (10585 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8768 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7233 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23300 views)