Can dogs drink tea?

Breed: Pitbull
Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to grow.

I know it sounds strange but as a new dog owner I want to make sure I am doing all I can to ensure the dogs health.

Tea is safe for dogs in small amounts. There are some dogs that can get stomach upset from drinking tea. This is mostly because of the milk (if you use milk). Most dogs are actually lactose intolerant.

If you gave a dog a lot of tea every day it's possible it could cause them to build up calcium oxalate crystals in their bladder and this could be serious.

But, is tea beneficial to dogs? It's unlikely that tea will have any benefits for your dog. It will not promote growth as you have heard.

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (6652 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (22241 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (17601 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10430 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (42175 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19138 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (101787 views)

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (11068 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (30644 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13236 views)