Can dogs drink tea?

Breed: Pitbull
Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to grow.

I know it sounds strange but as a new dog owner I want to make sure I am doing all I can to ensure the dogs health.

Tea is safe for dogs in small amounts. There are some dogs that can get stomach upset from drinking tea. This is mostly because of the milk (if you use milk). Most dogs are actually lactose intolerant.

If you gave a dog a lot of tea every day it's possible it could cause them to build up calcium oxalate crystals in their bladder and this could be serious.

But, is tea beneficial to dogs? It's unlikely that tea will have any benefits for your dog. It will not promote growth as you have heard.

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7537 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (14266 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (27124 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (5618 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (8706 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13904 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (8005 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (8008 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12612 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8274 views)