Sugar is second ingredient.

Breed: Shih Tzu
I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient is sugar. I need to know if it's safe because if it's not, I will send it back to the company when it arrives.

Interesting. I have never seen a dog food that has sugar high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't sound good to me!

I usually recommend the standard commercial diets like Hill's Science diet, Royal Canin or Iams.

There are a bunch of new "holistic", "organic" and "natural" foods out there and I find that most of these are not worth the money.

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (59162 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (37256 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (153765 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (10439 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (58572 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (8250 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (36028 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (12600 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (9153 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (11687 views)