Sugar is second ingredient.

Breed: Shih Tzu
I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient is sugar. I need to know if it's safe because if it's not, I will send it back to the company when it arrives.

Interesting. I have never seen a dog food that has sugar high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't sound good to me!

I usually recommend the standard commercial diets like Hill's Science diet, Royal Canin or Iams.

There are a bunch of new "holistic", "organic" and "natural" foods out there and I find that most of these are not worth the money.

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (6803 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (12034 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (7306 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (27104 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (12885 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (23421 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (9528 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (70837 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (7075 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (21433 views)