Sugar is second ingredient.

Breed: Shih Tzu
I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient is sugar. I need to know if it's safe because if it's not, I will send it back to the company when it arrives.

Interesting. I have never seen a dog food that has sugar high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't sound good to me!

I usually recommend the standard commercial diets like Hill's Science diet, Royal Canin or Iams.

There are a bunch of new "holistic", "organic" and "natural" foods out there and I find that most of these are not worth the money.

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (18538 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (15840 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (10030 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (53631 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (10047 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5376 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12083 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (17148 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5167 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (6969 views)