Sugar is second ingredient.

Breed: Shih Tzu
I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient is sugar. I need to know if it's safe because if it's not, I will send it back to the company when it arrives.

Interesting. I have never seen a dog food that has sugar high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't sound good to me!

I usually recommend the standard commercial diets like Hill's Science diet, Royal Canin or Iams.

There are a bunch of new "holistic", "organic" and "natural" foods out there and I find that most of these are not worth the money.

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (14628 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (25583 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7584 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (5011 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (5687 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (20464 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (23130 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (6056 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (15523 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (7255 views)