Sugar is second ingredient.

Breed: Shih Tzu
I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient is sugar. I need to know if it's safe because if it's not, I will send it back to the company when it arrives.

Interesting. I have never seen a dog food that has sugar high up on the ingredient list. It doesn't sound good to me!

I usually recommend the standard commercial diets like Hill's Science diet, Royal Canin or Iams.

There are a bunch of new "holistic", "organic" and "natural" foods out there and I find that most of these are not worth the money.

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14452 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9739 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7964 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (6935 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11646 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9156 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10133 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (9530 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (232093 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (10256 views)