Dog with balance issues.

Breed: Terrior
My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i treated her and the infection disappeared. She still has the broken tooth.
Can a broken tooth create balance problems, at the moment she can't walk with out falling over,she seems to have vertigo.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Roxy is having these problems. This is very unlikely to be related to the tooth problem two years ago.

It is possible that Roxy has something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. This is a condition that can happen to older dogs that looks like a stroke. However most dogs will make a complete recovery on their own. Some will be left with a head tilt but still be able to get around quite well.

Other possible reasons for balance problems include a brain tumor or a middle ear infection.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look at her just to be sure.

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (27033 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (10834 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (14603 views)

Underweight dog. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs, one of whom, Mushka (mixed breed), has been... (11382 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (55697 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (26042 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (10367 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (12185 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (5569 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (21943 views)