Dog with balance issues.

Breed: Terrior
My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i treated her and the infection disappeared. She still has the broken tooth.
Can a broken tooth create balance problems, at the moment she can't walk with out falling over,she seems to have vertigo.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Roxy is having these problems. This is very unlikely to be related to the tooth problem two years ago.

It is possible that Roxy has something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. This is a condition that can happen to older dogs that looks like a stroke. However most dogs will make a complete recovery on their own. Some will be left with a head tilt but still be able to get around quite well.

Other possible reasons for balance problems include a brain tumor or a middle ear infection.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look at her just to be sure.

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (7711 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (12483 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (7842 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (8775 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (10686 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (8388 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (12692 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (24517 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (10480 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (7872 views)