Dog with balance issues.

Breed: Terrior
My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i treated her and the infection disappeared. She still has the broken tooth.
Can a broken tooth create balance problems, at the moment she can't walk with out falling over,she seems to have vertigo.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Roxy is having these problems. This is very unlikely to be related to the tooth problem two years ago.

It is possible that Roxy has something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. This is a condition that can happen to older dogs that looks like a stroke. However most dogs will make a complete recovery on their own. Some will be left with a head tilt but still be able to get around quite well.

Other possible reasons for balance problems include a brain tumor or a middle ear infection.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look at her just to be sure.

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (6733 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (22531 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (16483 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (15307 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (13638 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (11132 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (11870 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (20396 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (35025 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (21170 views)