Dog with balance issues.

Breed: Terrior
My dog broke her back molar tooth on a bone 2yrs ago, she did get a infection, but i treated her and the infection disappeared. She still has the broken tooth.
Can a broken tooth create balance problems, at the moment she can't walk with out falling over,she seems to have vertigo.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Roxy is having these problems. This is very unlikely to be related to the tooth problem two years ago.

It is possible that Roxy has something called Geriatric Vestibular Syndrome. This is a condition that can happen to older dogs that looks like a stroke. However most dogs will make a complete recovery on their own. Some will be left with a head tilt but still be able to get around quite well.

Other possible reasons for balance problems include a brain tumor or a middle ear infection.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look at her just to be sure.

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (128457 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16876 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15366 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6649 views)

Cancerous growth in dog's mouth? Hi, I have just spotted a growth in my dogs mouth. What does mouth cancer look like... (13421 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (13475 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31934 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8465 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (26132 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7462 views)