Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10905 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (16183 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6820 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (9154 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19374 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (10630 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (4826 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11895 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (5636 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12085 views)