Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (9833 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (22624 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (10895 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (17907 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14793 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10482 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4288 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9727 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (5251 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (14671 views)