Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (21303 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (91011 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (11582 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8596 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15645 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11684 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13524 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7281 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14863 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (8033 views)