Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (4761 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (25720 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (26523 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30754 views)

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (12852 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (13154 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (8992 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (15128 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9499 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5748 views)