Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (19479 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (42408 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (9132 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (6103 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (13145 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (7462 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (7198 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (8289 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (7656 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (6200 views)