Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (9997 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (30084 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (40395 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (12679 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (11562 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (11036 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (18127 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (26256 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (8468 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (17470 views)