Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (5057 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (16708 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8756 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (6084 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (6662 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24807 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (30898 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (32671 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (14804 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7702 views)