Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10106 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (4905 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (8559 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (66549 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (17620 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (4757 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10254 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9570 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (16125 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (8969 views)