Dog bitten by another dog

Breed: german shepherd/coll
my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i do

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog.

If there is any break in the skin then your dog will likely need some antibiotics. Usually if a dog gets bitten by another dog then the risk of infection is relatively high.

If there is a deeper wound than a slight break in the skin then there is the possibility that your dog will need stitches. If you think this is possible then the sooner he is looked at by a vet the better.

Hopefully you can get to the vet soon. Until then you can try cleaning the wound several times per day with warm water. There really is no over the counter medication that is worthwhile to use in this situation.

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (7524 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (19477 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (25356 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (9204 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (30362 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (6589 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14379 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12641 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10365 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (4948 views)