D-Con mice bait ingested.

Breed: German Sheppard/Chow
75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement, therefore, didn’t think there was any need for concern. This was 1 week ago, has seemed fine and appears to be all normal otherwise. Wanted to know if I was wrong and needed to be concerned or not?

Ingestion of D-con mice poison is a serious concern. Even though you saw the D-con in the stool, the poison has travelled through Cassie's entire intestinal tract and some of it has definitely been absorbed.

D-con kills mice by causing bleeding. It will affect Cassie's ability to clot her blood. If she was to have any sort of wound she could possibly bleed to death.

The effects of D-con can be present in the system for up to 4 weeks.

I would highly advise you to have blood tests run by your vet to make sure that she can clot her blood ok. This test is called a coagulation profile.

If your vet sees that she is having coagulation problems then they will prescribe vitamin K which will help her to be able to clot her blood properly until her body clears the toxin.

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (9330 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9010 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (30687 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4988 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14025 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (10152 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (29795 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42397 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (18107 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (98422 views)