D-Con mice bait ingested.

Breed: German Sheppard/Chow
75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement, therefore, didn’t think there was any need for concern. This was 1 week ago, has seemed fine and appears to be all normal otherwise. Wanted to know if I was wrong and needed to be concerned or not?

Ingestion of D-con mice poison is a serious concern. Even though you saw the D-con in the stool, the poison has travelled through Cassie's entire intestinal tract and some of it has definitely been absorbed.

D-con kills mice by causing bleeding. It will affect Cassie's ability to clot her blood. If she was to have any sort of wound she could possibly bleed to death.

The effects of D-con can be present in the system for up to 4 weeks.

I would highly advise you to have blood tests run by your vet to make sure that she can clot her blood ok. This test is called a coagulation profile.

If your vet sees that she is having coagulation problems then they will prescribe vitamin K which will help her to be able to clot her blood properly until her body clears the toxin.

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (22658 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (11183 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (6277 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (17389 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (7699 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (12387 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4708 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (4351 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (8586 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (34148 views)