D-Con mice bait ingested.

Breed: German Sheppard/Chow
75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement, therefore, didn’t think there was any need for concern. This was 1 week ago, has seemed fine and appears to be all normal otherwise. Wanted to know if I was wrong and needed to be concerned or not?

Ingestion of D-con mice poison is a serious concern. Even though you saw the D-con in the stool, the poison has travelled through Cassie's entire intestinal tract and some of it has definitely been absorbed.

D-con kills mice by causing bleeding. It will affect Cassie's ability to clot her blood. If she was to have any sort of wound she could possibly bleed to death.

The effects of D-con can be present in the system for up to 4 weeks.

I would highly advise you to have blood tests run by your vet to make sure that she can clot her blood ok. This test is called a coagulation profile.

If your vet sees that she is having coagulation problems then they will prescribe vitamin K which will help her to be able to clot her blood properly until her body clears the toxin.

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7768 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16272 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (8231 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7341 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (5406 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (11025 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (6395 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (8293 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11907 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5847 views)