Should we put down out cat?

Breed: Short haired Tabby
Good evening.

My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still eating and drinking water but has stopped grooming himself. For a week or so he has been throwing up and has had watery diarrhea messes on the floor. I recently lost my job so I am not able to take him to his vet. The family has started fighting over whether or not he should be put down. I on the other hand don't want to do that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like Chance desperately needs to see a vet. There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned and some of them can be treated.

It's possible he has hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. Or it could be a more serious issue like a cancer.

From what you have written, I think you have two options:

1. To see the vet and get some tests done to determine if this is a fixable problem.
2. If that is not an option, then yes, it does sound like it is time for euthanasia. It's not fair to leave him in the state that he is in.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (27198 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (43309 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (7129 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (16413 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (16028 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4865 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (21470 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (8746 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (39483 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (18997 views)