Should we put down out cat?

Breed: Short haired Tabby
Good evening.

My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still eating and drinking water but has stopped grooming himself. For a week or so he has been throwing up and has had watery diarrhea messes on the floor. I recently lost my job so I am not able to take him to his vet. The family has started fighting over whether or not he should be put down. I on the other hand don't want to do that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like Chance desperately needs to see a vet. There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned and some of them can be treated.

It's possible he has hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. Or it could be a more serious issue like a cancer.

From what you have written, I think you have two options:

1. To see the vet and get some tests done to determine if this is a fixable problem.
2. If that is not an option, then yes, it does sound like it is time for euthanasia. It's not fair to leave him in the state that he is in.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (19372 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (9065 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (27738 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18559 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (8230 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50644 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8111 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7019 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (5061 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (11109 views)