Should we put down out cat?

Breed: Short haired Tabby
Good evening.

My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still eating and drinking water but has stopped grooming himself. For a week or so he has been throwing up and has had watery diarrhea messes on the floor. I recently lost my job so I am not able to take him to his vet. The family has started fighting over whether or not he should be put down. I on the other hand don't want to do that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like Chance desperately needs to see a vet. There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned and some of them can be treated.

It's possible he has hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. Or it could be a more serious issue like a cancer.

From what you have written, I think you have two options:

1. To see the vet and get some tests done to determine if this is a fixable problem.
2. If that is not an option, then yes, it does sound like it is time for euthanasia. It's not fair to leave him in the state that he is in.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (17042 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4696 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (21445 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (13089 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12676 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (14282 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (19508 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (15000 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19330 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (17168 views)