Should we put down out cat?

Breed: Short haired Tabby
Good evening.

My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still eating and drinking water but has stopped grooming himself. For a week or so he has been throwing up and has had watery diarrhea messes on the floor. I recently lost my job so I am not able to take him to his vet. The family has started fighting over whether or not he should be put down. I on the other hand don't want to do that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like Chance desperately needs to see a vet. There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned and some of them can be treated.

It's possible he has hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. Or it could be a more serious issue like a cancer.

From what you have written, I think you have two options:

1. To see the vet and get some tests done to determine if this is a fixable problem.
2. If that is not an option, then yes, it does sound like it is time for euthanasia. It's not fair to leave him in the state that he is in.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15703 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (6323 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (11957 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (15938 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (7798 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46360 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (37988 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8995 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (8197 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (25012 views)