Should we put down out cat?

Breed: Short haired Tabby
Good evening.

My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still eating and drinking water but has stopped grooming himself. For a week or so he has been throwing up and has had watery diarrhea messes on the floor. I recently lost my job so I am not able to take him to his vet. The family has started fighting over whether or not he should be put down. I on the other hand don't want to do that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like Chance desperately needs to see a vet. There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have mentioned and some of them can be treated.

It's possible he has hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. Or it could be a more serious issue like a cancer.

From what you have written, I think you have two options:

1. To see the vet and get some tests done to determine if this is a fixable problem.
2. If that is not an option, then yes, it does sound like it is time for euthanasia. It's not fair to leave him in the state that he is in.

I'm very sorry for the bad news.

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (17373 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (32677 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (4492 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (4846 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (17704 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (7703 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (41951 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (44876 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (38454 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (6746 views)