Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs.

Breed: Chihuahua

If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in advance. I have quit giving our dogs chicken jerky because of the bad press. My question is, is it okay if I make my own for them? Unseasoned, just dried. If so, how much can they have? Daily? Weekly?
Also, what do you recommend for healthy treats for my dogs. I have a hard time not giving them treats.

Thank you again,
Robin

You can definitely make your own chicken jerky. Dr. V. from Pawcurious recently created a video explaining how to do that:

It's hard to say how much is "allowed" for dogs. I would likely say to limit it to a strip per day in a dog the size of a chihuahua. Even though it is a healthy treat, there are still calories in it.

Does Shelley like veggies at all? Most veggies are a great treat. Raw carrots are perfect for dogs. I also like to give dogs ice cubes if they enjoy that.

The other thing that I have clients do is to use their regular dog food as treats. Or, I often recommend using a food called t/d (made by Hill's). It's a tartar diet, but the kibbles are really tasty and make good treats - again, in moderation.

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (19488 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4458 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (14813 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (6084 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (8689 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (6794 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13075 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30389 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (19688 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8547 views)