Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs.

Breed: Chihuahua

If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in advance. I have quit giving our dogs chicken jerky because of the bad press. My question is, is it okay if I make my own for them? Unseasoned, just dried. If so, how much can they have? Daily? Weekly?
Also, what do you recommend for healthy treats for my dogs. I have a hard time not giving them treats.

Thank you again,
Robin

You can definitely make your own chicken jerky. Dr. V. from Pawcurious recently created a video explaining how to do that:

It's hard to say how much is "allowed" for dogs. I would likely say to limit it to a strip per day in a dog the size of a chihuahua. Even though it is a healthy treat, there are still calories in it.

Does Shelley like veggies at all? Most veggies are a great treat. Raw carrots are perfect for dogs. I also like to give dogs ice cubes if they enjoy that.

The other thing that I have clients do is to use their regular dog food as treats. Or, I often recommend using a food called t/d (made by Hill's). It's a tartar diet, but the kibbles are really tasty and make good treats - again, in moderation.

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (541466 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (117351 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8689 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (6057 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6681 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (11452 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (21326 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (42311 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (19123 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (11773 views)