Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs.

Breed: Chihuahua

If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in advance. I have quit giving our dogs chicken jerky because of the bad press. My question is, is it okay if I make my own for them? Unseasoned, just dried. If so, how much can they have? Daily? Weekly?
Also, what do you recommend for healthy treats for my dogs. I have a hard time not giving them treats.

Thank you again,
Robin

You can definitely make your own chicken jerky. Dr. V. from Pawcurious recently created a video explaining how to do that:

It's hard to say how much is "allowed" for dogs. I would likely say to limit it to a strip per day in a dog the size of a chihuahua. Even though it is a healthy treat, there are still calories in it.

Does Shelley like veggies at all? Most veggies are a great treat. Raw carrots are perfect for dogs. I also like to give dogs ice cubes if they enjoy that.

The other thing that I have clients do is to use their regular dog food as treats. Or, I often recommend using a food called t/d (made by Hill's). It's a tartar diet, but the kibbles are really tasty and make good treats - again, in moderation.

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (11952 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (38098 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (8818 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (18569 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (9905 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (10063 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (22568 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (22683 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (9005 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (17747 views)