Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs.

Breed: Chihuahua

If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in advance. I have quit giving our dogs chicken jerky because of the bad press. My question is, is it okay if I make my own for them? Unseasoned, just dried. If so, how much can they have? Daily? Weekly?
Also, what do you recommend for healthy treats for my dogs. I have a hard time not giving them treats.

Thank you again,
Robin

You can definitely make your own chicken jerky. Dr. V. from Pawcurious recently created a video explaining how to do that:

It's hard to say how much is "allowed" for dogs. I would likely say to limit it to a strip per day in a dog the size of a chihuahua. Even though it is a healthy treat, there are still calories in it.

Does Shelley like veggies at all? Most veggies are a great treat. Raw carrots are perfect for dogs. I also like to give dogs ice cubes if they enjoy that.

The other thing that I have clients do is to use their regular dog food as treats. Or, I often recommend using a food called t/d (made by Hill's). It's a tartar diet, but the kibbles are really tasty and make good treats - again, in moderation.

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (14926 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11664 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9863 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (11591 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (16449 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (39355 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (12301 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (12066 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (10218 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (9229 views)