Bruising on neck.

Breed: Mini Dachshund
My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal. Afterwards, we noticed some pretty bad bruising on his neck. When we asked about it, they said that that can happen during a dental cleaning just as a result of how the procedure is performed. This is actually the second time it's happened, and usually the bruising disappears within three or four days. My question to you is: is it normal that when a small breed dog gets his dental cleaning for his neck to be badly bruised afterwords? Is there some thing that they do during the cleaning that would result in that? Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate it.

I wouldn't say that this is "normal" after a dentistry.

Did she have any blood taken, perhaps for preanesthetic blood work? If so, it is quite common for there to be some bruising on the front of the neck where the blood was taken.

If your dog continues to have issues with bruising it may be worthwhile to have your vet do a coagulation profile just to make sure he doesn't have any sort of bleeding disorder.

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (6906 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (9798 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (15773 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (16740 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (12986 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (18920 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (10842 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (21640 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (29232 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (45492 views)