Loud noises from belly.

Breed: ragdoll
I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does not appear to be in any pain, is her normal self and remains playful. She eats and drinks normally, however over the past six months, she pees outside the litter box on six or seven occasions. She is still very kitten like. Could these two things be related

Thanks for an interesting question.

I don't get too worried about loud noises coming from the belly unless they are combined with vomiting or a reduced appetite or diarrhea.

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to urinate outside of the litter box. I have recently written an article about this which you can read here:

Why would a cat pee outside the litter box.

At 14 years old it's probably a good idea to have your vet do a good exam and some geriatric blood tests just to be sure there is no problem brewing. If there is a medical problem then the stress of this problem could be contributing to her urinating outside of the box.

I hope all goes well!

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29566 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (12514 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24752 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (32458 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29380 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (14024 views)

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (17192 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (29076 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (5305 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (23485 views)