Loud noises from belly.

Breed: ragdoll
I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does not appear to be in any pain, is her normal self and remains playful. She eats and drinks normally, however over the past six months, she pees outside the litter box on six or seven occasions. She is still very kitten like. Could these two things be related

Thanks for an interesting question.

I don't get too worried about loud noises coming from the belly unless they are combined with vomiting or a reduced appetite or diarrhea.

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to urinate outside of the litter box. I have recently written an article about this which you can read here:

Why would a cat pee outside the litter box.

At 14 years old it's probably a good idea to have your vet do a good exam and some geriatric blood tests just to be sure there is no problem brewing. If there is a medical problem then the stress of this problem could be contributing to her urinating outside of the box.

I hope all goes well!

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (11952 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (8378 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (10103 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (9604 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (14317 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (6213 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (12351 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (18336 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (9317 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (12341 views)