Loud noises from belly.

Breed: ragdoll
I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does not appear to be in any pain, is her normal self and remains playful. She eats and drinks normally, however over the past six months, she pees outside the litter box on six or seven occasions. She is still very kitten like. Could these two things be related

Thanks for an interesting question.

I don't get too worried about loud noises coming from the belly unless they are combined with vomiting or a reduced appetite or diarrhea.

There are a number of things that can cause a cat to urinate outside of the litter box. I have recently written an article about this which you can read here:

Why would a cat pee outside the litter box.

At 14 years old it's probably a good idea to have your vet do a good exam and some geriatric blood tests just to be sure there is no problem brewing. If there is a medical problem then the stress of this problem could be contributing to her urinating outside of the box.

I hope all goes well!

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (4627 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8538 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (14196 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (7093 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (19898 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11196 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (8987 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (14408 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (20204 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (26559 views)