sexing a cat

Breed: ?
WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it is.

question 2:It has a sack in its stomach so we think its a pregnant female. What else could it be?

Question 3:when can you hold newborn kittens.
Question 4:When do newborn kittens get the first shots?

It is often hard to tell the gender of a cat if you have not done this before. What you are looking for is the distance between the anus and the genital opening. In a female, the genital opening sits almost directly below the anus. You will see a small slit right under the anus. In a male, the opening is a distance away from the anus and instead of being a slit it is more like a round dot.

Many cats will have a saggy belly. This doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy.

You can hold newborn kittens any time.

The best time to get their first shots is between 6 and 8 weeks of age.

I hope that helps!

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (13833 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (9102 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11875 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (10271 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (49146 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10432 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (7533 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10802 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6404 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (21467 views)