sexing a cat

Breed: ?
WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it is.

question 2:It has a sack in its stomach so we think its a pregnant female. What else could it be?

Question 3:when can you hold newborn kittens.
Question 4:When do newborn kittens get the first shots?

It is often hard to tell the gender of a cat if you have not done this before. What you are looking for is the distance between the anus and the genital opening. In a female, the genital opening sits almost directly below the anus. You will see a small slit right under the anus. In a male, the opening is a distance away from the anus and instead of being a slit it is more like a round dot.

Many cats will have a saggy belly. This doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy.

You can hold newborn kittens any time.

The best time to get their first shots is between 6 and 8 weeks of age.

I hope that helps!

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (22719 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (10946 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (14380 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (12916 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (42473 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (5395 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (6520 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (15651 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (11203 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (17648 views)