sexing a cat

Breed: ?
WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it is.

question 2:It has a sack in its stomach so we think its a pregnant female. What else could it be?

Question 3:when can you hold newborn kittens.
Question 4:When do newborn kittens get the first shots?

It is often hard to tell the gender of a cat if you have not done this before. What you are looking for is the distance between the anus and the genital opening. In a female, the genital opening sits almost directly below the anus. You will see a small slit right under the anus. In a male, the opening is a distance away from the anus and instead of being a slit it is more like a round dot.

Many cats will have a saggy belly. This doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy.

You can hold newborn kittens any time.

The best time to get their first shots is between 6 and 8 weeks of age.

I hope that helps!

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11155 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (12589 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (65650 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (74013 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (27031 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (12288 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (19263 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38610 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9850 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (12768 views)