sexing a cat

Breed: ?
WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it is.

question 2:It has a sack in its stomach so we think its a pregnant female. What else could it be?

Question 3:when can you hold newborn kittens.
Question 4:When do newborn kittens get the first shots?

It is often hard to tell the gender of a cat if you have not done this before. What you are looking for is the distance between the anus and the genital opening. In a female, the genital opening sits almost directly below the anus. You will see a small slit right under the anus. In a male, the opening is a distance away from the anus and instead of being a slit it is more like a round dot.

Many cats will have a saggy belly. This doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy.

You can hold newborn kittens any time.

The best time to get their first shots is between 6 and 8 weeks of age.

I hope that helps!

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (12867 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (19297 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (15823 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (17711 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (12698 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (14278 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (17224 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (20592 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (15629 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (13896 views)