sexing a cat

Breed: ?
WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it is.

question 2:It has a sack in its stomach so we think its a pregnant female. What else could it be?

Question 3:when can you hold newborn kittens.
Question 4:When do newborn kittens get the first shots?

It is often hard to tell the gender of a cat if you have not done this before. What you are looking for is the distance between the anus and the genital opening. In a female, the genital opening sits almost directly below the anus. You will see a small slit right under the anus. In a male, the opening is a distance away from the anus and instead of being a slit it is more like a round dot.

Many cats will have a saggy belly. This doesn't necessarily mean a pregnancy.

You can hold newborn kittens any time.

The best time to get their first shots is between 6 and 8 weeks of age.

I hope that helps!

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (25550 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (9553 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (24690 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (14104 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (10767 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (8608 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (33356 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (27834 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (17413 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (64411 views)