Bulldog losing hair.

Breed: English Bulldog
hello,
I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was about 1.5 years old. He loses hair in circular patches all over his body with flaky dark skin. These are pretty common on his sides at the shoulders, ribs, and rear. He has had an airborne allergy test at 2 years old, which they found nothing to indicate allergy shots. He is also currently on Z/D ultra allergen free diet. Yet these spots still appear on him regularly without any seasonal connection that I can tell. He has chronic ear infections and seems to be constantly itchy on these soars. Just recently he has had some scabs and hair loss on the edges of his ears. In the past the vet has scrapped (many times) for mites on these spots with no indication them. As I'm trying to eliminate possible causes I am left with: Mange/Scabies, skin infection, Endocrine Disease. He is going back to the vet today, but I would like to inform myself as much as possible on the test they need to perform and what the accuracy is of such test. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog, but I'm wondering if this is a seasonal alopecia. (It doesn't actually have to appear at the same season each year to be this.)

Here are some pictures: Seasonal alopecia pictures.

It usually occurs on the flanks but I have seen it happen on other spots of the dog as well.

There are, however, hundreds of other possibilities!

The best advice I can give you is to ask your vet for a biopsy. This really should give you an answer.

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (34423 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (17985 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8664 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13400 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (16421 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (29779 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4902 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (4972 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (16077 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (52478 views)