Bulldog losing hair.

Breed: English Bulldog
hello,
I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was about 1.5 years old. He loses hair in circular patches all over his body with flaky dark skin. These are pretty common on his sides at the shoulders, ribs, and rear. He has had an airborne allergy test at 2 years old, which they found nothing to indicate allergy shots. He is also currently on Z/D ultra allergen free diet. Yet these spots still appear on him regularly without any seasonal connection that I can tell. He has chronic ear infections and seems to be constantly itchy on these soars. Just recently he has had some scabs and hair loss on the edges of his ears. In the past the vet has scrapped (many times) for mites on these spots with no indication them. As I'm trying to eliminate possible causes I am left with: Mange/Scabies, skin infection, Endocrine Disease. He is going back to the vet today, but I would like to inform myself as much as possible on the test they need to perform and what the accuracy is of such test. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog, but I'm wondering if this is a seasonal alopecia. (It doesn't actually have to appear at the same season each year to be this.)

Here are some pictures: Seasonal alopecia pictures.

It usually occurs on the flanks but I have seen it happen on other spots of the dog as well.

There are, however, hundreds of other possibilities!

The best advice I can give you is to ask your vet for a biopsy. This really should give you an answer.

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11771 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (16264 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8816 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5450 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (30592 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (12465 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (24831 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (10219 views)

pain after root canal Had major teeth work performed about 3 months ago as we noticed her breath and she... (7940 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (7508 views)