Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (13961 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (11664 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (10577 views)

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (6876 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (29906 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (11959 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (9164 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (54437 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (11159 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (18326 views)