Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (4604 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (41654 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (6164 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (12187 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8278 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (9692 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7258 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (5766 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5563 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (18561 views)