Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (7474 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (8768 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (5596 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (9000 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (11871 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (10271 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (6988 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (51902 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (10000 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (56749 views)