Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (7639 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (8892 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (20033 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (28766 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9145 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (7733 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (9430 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (8280 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (8138 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (20942 views)