Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (19848 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (14278 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (42994 views)

Peeing in the house. I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions(... (11229 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (26160 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (20045 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (9341 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (12019 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (9853 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (13419 views)