Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (14685 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (8276 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (27269 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3298 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (8291 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (8559 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (14102 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (34293 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (13368 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (3776 views)