Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (19297 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (25030 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (5753 views)

Vomiting due to virus? Hello Dr.Marie. Okay so my 14 year old cat smokey has been going threw some... (16394 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8070 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9399 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (33744 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (8683 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (7958 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (6605 views)