Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5833 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (16774 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (16361 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (7331 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (52960 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (28140 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (17397 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14645 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (31450 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (12757 views)