Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (9583 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (5845 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (12157 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (12364 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (12205 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (2884 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (36330 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (9423 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (6971 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (3397 views)