Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (8309 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (8649 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (5378 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (3042 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (9112 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (5792 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (4947 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (32075 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (6718 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (3683 views)