Cat with megacolon.

Breed: mixture - tabby
My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks like he's having trouble going poop, I sometimes rub his belly to help the food move through. Is that okay? Or could that be a bad thing to do? Thanks for your response.

It's perfectly fine to rub his belly, but it is unlikely that you are helping him.

You may be able to get some more help on your cat's condition by reading this article that I wrote about Megacolon in cats.

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (11824 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (36611 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (3760 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (5335 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (4166 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (7227 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (6202 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (8322 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (10575 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (9822 views)