Green discharge post whelping.

Breed: chihuahua
is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth? also why does she have black diarrhea even though she didn't eat the placenta?

Congrats on your new puppies!

Most likely the green color and black clumps you are seeing in your dog's urine are discharge from her uterus and vagina after having birth. It is normal for a dog to pass some blood clots or have an unusual discharge for a few days after whelping.

However, if she is having trouble urinating (straining to pee, asking to go out often) then it is possible she has an infection in her urine and should see a vet.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have diarrhea after having puppies. If the diarrhea is black and tarry this could mean that she has some blood in her digestive tract. The blood could be from cleaning vaginal discharge. The other source of bleeding could be from a stomach ulcer but this is really not common after whelping.

As long as Princess is eating well and nursing the puppies well I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if you are uncertain then a vet visit is the best thing.

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (9635 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (9246 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11127 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (5925 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14256 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (34409 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18681 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5114 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (19054 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15353 views)