Can't urinate after neuter.

Breed: tom cat
My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee coming out when he goes is this normal

This is definitely not normal! I can't say that I have ever seen this as a complication of neutering though.

Any time a cat is struggling to urinate, I consider it a medical emergency. The biggest concern is if he has a urinary tract blockage.

I would definitely have your vet see him immediately.

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (10266 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (10821 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (13866 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (18839 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (33372 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (40599 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (13092 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (693676 views)

pain after root canal Had major teeth work performed about 3 months ago as we noticed her breath and she... (10550 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (11454 views)