Can't urinate after neuter.

Breed: tom cat
My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee coming out when he goes is this normal

This is definitely not normal! I can't say that I have ever seen this as a complication of neutering though.

Any time a cat is struggling to urinate, I consider it a medical emergency. The biggest concern is if he has a urinary tract blockage.

I would definitely have your vet see him immediately.

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14741 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (13882 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (9098 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (5018 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (18129 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (23698 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (9089 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9972 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9597 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4899 views)