Vomiting puppy.

Breed: Boxer
I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent 240.45 at vet yesterday, so PLEASE HELP ASAP. Isabella is 10 wks old. VERY hyper, playful, mean if you will,lol! Lots of fun. 2 days ago stopped eating,drinking and didnt play at all. Took her to vet yesterday morning,had a stool sample, said it was a bacteria infection.Gave an antibiotic shot and her 2nd set of shots, she did GREAT the rest of the day. Today started the antibiotic he sent home,"Metronidazole 250,QTY 7, its made her throw up a thick clear look. Giving her Pedialyte. Can this medicine make her this sick. non playful,etc...or should I contact the vet again which I CANT afford.Thank You,Jennifer R

Sorry to hear that Isabella is not well. Metronidazole should not cause vomiting. I am concerned that there is something else going on.

Unfortunately it does sound like you will need to talk to your vet again. It's possible that your vet would be willing to dispense some anti-vomiting medicine for her.

However, when a young puppy is vomiting then I get really concerned about either parvo virus or intestinal parasites.

Puppies can't fight dehydration well so if she is not improving she may need iv fluids.

I really hope she is ok!

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (19350 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (37342 views)

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (24761 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (6470 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (9104 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (18032 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (13557 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (12560 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (16041 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (6708 views)