Vomiting puppy.

Breed: Boxer
I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent 240.45 at vet yesterday, so PLEASE HELP ASAP. Isabella is 10 wks old. VERY hyper, playful, mean if you will,lol! Lots of fun. 2 days ago stopped eating,drinking and didnt play at all. Took her to vet yesterday morning,had a stool sample, said it was a bacteria infection.Gave an antibiotic shot and her 2nd set of shots, she did GREAT the rest of the day. Today started the antibiotic he sent home,"Metronidazole 250,QTY 7, its made her throw up a thick clear look. Giving her Pedialyte. Can this medicine make her this sick. non playful,etc...or should I contact the vet again which I CANT afford.Thank You,Jennifer R

Sorry to hear that Isabella is not well. Metronidazole should not cause vomiting. I am concerned that there is something else going on.

Unfortunately it does sound like you will need to talk to your vet again. It's possible that your vet would be willing to dispense some anti-vomiting medicine for her.

However, when a young puppy is vomiting then I get really concerned about either parvo virus or intestinal parasites.

Puppies can't fight dehydration well so if she is not improving she may need iv fluids.

I really hope she is ok!

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10484 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (136113 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (12460 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (5711 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7019 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17773 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (5536 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6636 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (24479 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12873 views)