Vomiting puppy.

Breed: Boxer
I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent 240.45 at vet yesterday, so PLEASE HELP ASAP. Isabella is 10 wks old. VERY hyper, playful, mean if you will,lol! Lots of fun. 2 days ago stopped eating,drinking and didnt play at all. Took her to vet yesterday morning,had a stool sample, said it was a bacteria infection.Gave an antibiotic shot and her 2nd set of shots, she did GREAT the rest of the day. Today started the antibiotic he sent home,"Metronidazole 250,QTY 7, its made her throw up a thick clear look. Giving her Pedialyte. Can this medicine make her this sick. non playful,etc...or should I contact the vet again which I CANT afford.Thank You,Jennifer R

Sorry to hear that Isabella is not well. Metronidazole should not cause vomiting. I am concerned that there is something else going on.

Unfortunately it does sound like you will need to talk to your vet again. It's possible that your vet would be willing to dispense some anti-vomiting medicine for her.

However, when a young puppy is vomiting then I get really concerned about either parvo virus or intestinal parasites.

Puppies can't fight dehydration well so if she is not improving she may need iv fluids.

I really hope she is ok!

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (23706 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8229 views)

Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas? hello dr. marie, bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz... (11130 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (27101 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (11133 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (9050 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (11199 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (22055 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (17950 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (15399 views)