Vomiting puppy.

Breed: Boxer
I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent 240.45 at vet yesterday, so PLEASE HELP ASAP. Isabella is 10 wks old. VERY hyper, playful, mean if you will,lol! Lots of fun. 2 days ago stopped eating,drinking and didnt play at all. Took her to vet yesterday morning,had a stool sample, said it was a bacteria infection.Gave an antibiotic shot and her 2nd set of shots, she did GREAT the rest of the day. Today started the antibiotic he sent home,"Metronidazole 250,QTY 7, its made her throw up a thick clear look. Giving her Pedialyte. Can this medicine make her this sick. non playful,etc...or should I contact the vet again which I CANT afford.Thank You,Jennifer R

Sorry to hear that Isabella is not well. Metronidazole should not cause vomiting. I am concerned that there is something else going on.

Unfortunately it does sound like you will need to talk to your vet again. It's possible that your vet would be willing to dispense some anti-vomiting medicine for her.

However, when a young puppy is vomiting then I get really concerned about either parvo virus or intestinal parasites.

Puppies can't fight dehydration well so if she is not improving she may need iv fluids.

I really hope she is ok!

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12444 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (18868 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (23428 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (17926 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5109 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (9149 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27694 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6714 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (10780 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (26291 views)