Lethargic and following me around.

Breed: Min Pin
Hi,
My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like himself. He is eating and drinking normally and going to the bathroom ok but he is just not active or lively like he usually is. He is also following me everywhere including the bathroom which he never does. He just won't leave my side for one second. Any advice would be great I am just concerned about him. Thank you.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Harley.

I have seen dogs do similar things because they have some pain somewhere. A very common area for pain is the back. Is Harley reluctant to jump up on things at all? If so, then he may have some back pain.

Another possibility is if he is being bothered with his anal glands. Most dogs with anal gland problems will drag their bum on the ground or lick at their anus, but some just get kind of clingy or lethargic.

I have seen dogs that want to follow their owners around when the owner is pregnant. But, this should not cause him to be lethargic.

If he keeps up the behavior then it would be a great idea to have your vet examine him.

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (16767 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (6023 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (4287 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (13094 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (6927 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7197 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (19832 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10200 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (6914 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22108 views)