Lethargic and following me around.

Breed: Min Pin
Hi,
My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like himself. He is eating and drinking normally and going to the bathroom ok but he is just not active or lively like he usually is. He is also following me everywhere including the bathroom which he never does. He just won't leave my side for one second. Any advice would be great I am just concerned about him. Thank you.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Harley.

I have seen dogs do similar things because they have some pain somewhere. A very common area for pain is the back. Is Harley reluctant to jump up on things at all? If so, then he may have some back pain.

Another possibility is if he is being bothered with his anal glands. Most dogs with anal gland problems will drag their bum on the ground or lick at their anus, but some just get kind of clingy or lethargic.

I have seen dogs that want to follow their owners around when the owner is pregnant. But, this should not cause him to be lethargic.

If he keeps up the behavior then it would be a great idea to have your vet examine him.

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (19388 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (39418 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (6750 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10445 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12593 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (7907 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7825 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (22420 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13044 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (9527 views)