Lethargic and following me around.

Breed: Min Pin
Hi,
My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like himself. He is eating and drinking normally and going to the bathroom ok but he is just not active or lively like he usually is. He is also following me everywhere including the bathroom which he never does. He just won't leave my side for one second. Any advice would be great I am just concerned about him. Thank you.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Harley.

I have seen dogs do similar things because they have some pain somewhere. A very common area for pain is the back. Is Harley reluctant to jump up on things at all? If so, then he may have some back pain.

Another possibility is if he is being bothered with his anal glands. Most dogs with anal gland problems will drag their bum on the ground or lick at their anus, but some just get kind of clingy or lethargic.

I have seen dogs that want to follow their owners around when the owner is pregnant. But, this should not cause him to be lethargic.

If he keeps up the behavior then it would be a great idea to have your vet examine him.

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11067 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (8797 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (30573 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (26208 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (14478 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (14053 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (13263 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (22412 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (70753 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (12694 views)