Lethargic and following me around.

Breed: Min Pin
Hi,
My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like himself. He is eating and drinking normally and going to the bathroom ok but he is just not active or lively like he usually is. He is also following me everywhere including the bathroom which he never does. He just won't leave my side for one second. Any advice would be great I am just concerned about him. Thank you.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Harley.

I have seen dogs do similar things because they have some pain somewhere. A very common area for pain is the back. Is Harley reluctant to jump up on things at all? If so, then he may have some back pain.

Another possibility is if he is being bothered with his anal glands. Most dogs with anal gland problems will drag their bum on the ground or lick at their anus, but some just get kind of clingy or lethargic.

I have seen dogs that want to follow their owners around when the owner is pregnant. But, this should not cause him to be lethargic.

If he keeps up the behavior then it would be a great idea to have your vet examine him.

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (12228 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (6475 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (7404 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (7852 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (9628 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (13242 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (5654 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (20116 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (8434 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10874 views)