Lethargic and following me around.

Breed: Min Pin
Hi,
My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like himself. He is eating and drinking normally and going to the bathroom ok but he is just not active or lively like he usually is. He is also following me everywhere including the bathroom which he never does. He just won't leave my side for one second. Any advice would be great I am just concerned about him. Thank you.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Harley.

I have seen dogs do similar things because they have some pain somewhere. A very common area for pain is the back. Is Harley reluctant to jump up on things at all? If so, then he may have some back pain.

Another possibility is if he is being bothered with his anal glands. Most dogs with anal gland problems will drag their bum on the ground or lick at their anus, but some just get kind of clingy or lethargic.

I have seen dogs that want to follow their owners around when the owner is pregnant. But, this should not cause him to be lethargic.

If he keeps up the behavior then it would be a great idea to have your vet examine him.

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8162 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (67046 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (5675 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (13661 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (7658 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (8892 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (89677 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (7135 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5321 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (6670 views)