Missing patches of hair.

Breed: chocolate lab
I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed little patches of hair missing from his legs and face. Some of the spots almost look like calluses but when I noticed a flake of skin coming off I pulled it and it began to bleed, a lot.
I am wondering if it would possibly be demodectic mange. The previous owners also told me that he had swimmers ear but when I got him home it was in fact ear mites so I started treating him for those. is possible for ear mites to get bad enough to effect the face and legs?
Remmington will be going to his new vet in about 2 weeks from now.

This certainly could be demodex. Demodex is really easy for a vet to diagnose with a skin scraping. Some mild cases of demodex go away on their own, but if this is generalized demodex then it can be a very serious lifelong condition.

It's probably not because of the ear mites.

It's also possible that it is a bacterial skin infection. If this is the case he'll need antibiotics prescribed by a vet. Or, it could be ringworm which is a fungal infection. But, this is less likely.

In either case it sounds like a vet visit is necessary!

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (15750 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8202 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (21212 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (73044 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9331 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (10290 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17466 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (9131 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (15691 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (15773 views)