Will kitten be ok when I go away?

Breed: domestic moggy
My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to take her to my firend's house for the week (she doesn't go outside yet - I'm keeping her until she's been spayed) as obvioulsy I can't just ask someone to pop over a couple of times a day as she will still need lots of cuddles and play time.

However, I am desperately worried that she will be super stressed out by this. She is so attached to me as I work from home, so I'm worried the combination of me not being around and her being in a different place could be too much for her. Am I worrying unecessarily?

I am thinking of asking my friend to stay at our house for hte week so that at least she is in a familiar environment, but that is a big ask and my friend could say no.

Look forward to a reply!

Hi there and congrats on getting a new kitten.

I find that kittens tend to adapt to new situations well. She will likely be just fine with your friend while you go away!

I don't think there would be a problem at all with her staying at your friend's house for a week. Why don't you try it out for a day before you go and see how she does? I'll bet she does just fine.

I hope you have a good trip!

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4797 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7375 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (6877 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9330 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11356 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7993 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24927 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7852 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36303 views)

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (10502 views)