Will kitten be ok when I go away?

Breed: domestic moggy
My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to take her to my firend's house for the week (she doesn't go outside yet - I'm keeping her until she's been spayed) as obvioulsy I can't just ask someone to pop over a couple of times a day as she will still need lots of cuddles and play time.

However, I am desperately worried that she will be super stressed out by this. She is so attached to me as I work from home, so I'm worried the combination of me not being around and her being in a different place could be too much for her. Am I worrying unecessarily?

I am thinking of asking my friend to stay at our house for hte week so that at least she is in a familiar environment, but that is a big ask and my friend could say no.

Look forward to a reply!

Hi there and congrats on getting a new kitten.

I find that kittens tend to adapt to new situations well. She will likely be just fine with your friend while you go away!

I don't think there would be a problem at all with her staying at your friend's house for a week. Why don't you try it out for a day before you go and see how she does? I'll bet she does just fine.

I hope you have a good trip!

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (39457 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (24202 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (106819 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (8097 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (43676 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7727 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (17594 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24534 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4840 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (12636 views)