Will kitten be ok when I go away?

Breed: domestic moggy
My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to take her to my firend's house for the week (she doesn't go outside yet - I'm keeping her until she's been spayed) as obvioulsy I can't just ask someone to pop over a couple of times a day as she will still need lots of cuddles and play time.

However, I am desperately worried that she will be super stressed out by this. She is so attached to me as I work from home, so I'm worried the combination of me not being around and her being in a different place could be too much for her. Am I worrying unecessarily?

I am thinking of asking my friend to stay at our house for hte week so that at least she is in a familiar environment, but that is a big ask and my friend could say no.

Look forward to a reply!

Hi there and congrats on getting a new kitten.

I find that kittens tend to adapt to new situations well. She will likely be just fine with your friend while you go away!

I don't think there would be a problem at all with her staying at your friend's house for a week. Why don't you try it out for a day before you go and see how she does? I'll bet she does just fine.

I hope you have a good trip!

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (38952 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8635 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (7098 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (10836 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8068 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (6943 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (19171 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (12572 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (5279 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (38075 views)