Lump on hamster

Breed: Most likely dwarf ha
Hi,

Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its tummy. It has a hole in the centre and it seems to be hard. Also, there is a red bubbled liked spot growing near its ear. I tried to apply tea tree skin cream (recommended by the pet store) on him and keeping him busy while the cream dries off but he keeps licking it off.

What is wrong with my hamster and what can I do?

Note: I'm not too sure about its sex because I adopted the hamster from a family who didn't want it online...

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that Hoollaheh is having problems. (I like the name, by the way).

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing him or her, but I can give you a few ideas.

There are some "lumps" that can be normal on hamsters but they don't usually look like what you have described. If this is a male hamster, they will have testicles in the groin area that look like two lumps about the size of a little chocolate easter eggs. But, they shouldn't have a hole in the center.

The lumps you are describing may be tumors. Unfortunately if this were the case then there may not be a lot that can be done, although occasionally surgery can be done to remove a mass on a hamster.

Does it look at all like there is anything moving in the lumps? I have seen a few hamsters that have had a parasite called a cuterebra. These are little grubs that can grow under the skin. Eventually they fall out on their own. However, I usually recommend having your vet remove them before this happens.

It sounds like unfortunately a vet visit is necessary.

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (16941 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (124720 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (13118 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (15185 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (11642 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (7013 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (12006 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (31436 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (28297 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (15116 views)