Lump on hamster

Breed: Most likely dwarf ha
Hi,

Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its tummy. It has a hole in the centre and it seems to be hard. Also, there is a red bubbled liked spot growing near its ear. I tried to apply tea tree skin cream (recommended by the pet store) on him and keeping him busy while the cream dries off but he keeps licking it off.

What is wrong with my hamster and what can I do?

Note: I'm not too sure about its sex because I adopted the hamster from a family who didn't want it online...

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that Hoollaheh is having problems. (I like the name, by the way).

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing him or her, but I can give you a few ideas.

There are some "lumps" that can be normal on hamsters but they don't usually look like what you have described. If this is a male hamster, they will have testicles in the groin area that look like two lumps about the size of a little chocolate easter eggs. But, they shouldn't have a hole in the center.

The lumps you are describing may be tumors. Unfortunately if this were the case then there may not be a lot that can be done, although occasionally surgery can be done to remove a mass on a hamster.

Does it look at all like there is anything moving in the lumps? I have seen a few hamsters that have had a parasite called a cuterebra. These are little grubs that can grow under the skin. Eventually they fall out on their own. However, I usually recommend having your vet remove them before this happens.

It sounds like unfortunately a vet visit is necessary.

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (11135 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (42807 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10224 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7726 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (10711 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9127 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (8486 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (10271 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (7749 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31066 views)