Laser pointers for cats and dogs?

Breed:
Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or cat?

This is an excellent question!

I am definitely a fan of using a laser pointer to exercise a cat. Most cats really love to chase these things. I've seen a few dogs that will chase them but they don't seem to be as crazy about them as cats are.

However, I did have one case of a cat who developed a form of obsessive compulsive disorder because of a laser pointer. For days after playing with the pointer the cat would be obsessively looking for the little red dot everywhere. She would stare at the wall and meow and wouldn't stop searching for it. It got so bad that she needed anti-anxiety medication to recover.

This is a rare case though. And, I still say that laser pointers are good for most cats.

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (11349 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (11235 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (10232 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (31995 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (52431 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (9250 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (7250 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (13937 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (8847 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (39581 views)