Laser pointers for cats and dogs?

Breed:
Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or cat?

This is an excellent question!

I am definitely a fan of using a laser pointer to exercise a cat. Most cats really love to chase these things. I've seen a few dogs that will chase them but they don't seem to be as crazy about them as cats are.

However, I did have one case of a cat who developed a form of obsessive compulsive disorder because of a laser pointer. For days after playing with the pointer the cat would be obsessively looking for the little red dot everywhere. She would stare at the wall and meow and wouldn't stop searching for it. It got so bad that she needed anti-anxiety medication to recover.

This is a rare case though. And, I still say that laser pointers are good for most cats.

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (15368 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (13238 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (9602 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (8053 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7560 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (12986 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (90728 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (33667 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (14539 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (8849 views)