Laser pointers for cats and dogs?

Breed:
Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or cat?

This is an excellent question!

I am definitely a fan of using a laser pointer to exercise a cat. Most cats really love to chase these things. I've seen a few dogs that will chase them but they don't seem to be as crazy about them as cats are.

However, I did have one case of a cat who developed a form of obsessive compulsive disorder because of a laser pointer. For days after playing with the pointer the cat would be obsessively looking for the little red dot everywhere. She would stare at the wall and meow and wouldn't stop searching for it. It got so bad that she needed anti-anxiety medication to recover.

This is a rare case though. And, I still say that laser pointers are good for most cats.

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8472 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4633 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7084 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (36485 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8454 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (669016 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (14466 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (12456 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (7299 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (13423 views)