Laser pointers for cats and dogs?

Breed:
Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or cat?

This is an excellent question!

I am definitely a fan of using a laser pointer to exercise a cat. Most cats really love to chase these things. I've seen a few dogs that will chase them but they don't seem to be as crazy about them as cats are.

However, I did have one case of a cat who developed a form of obsessive compulsive disorder because of a laser pointer. For days after playing with the pointer the cat would be obsessively looking for the little red dot everywhere. She would stare at the wall and meow and wouldn't stop searching for it. It got so bad that she needed anti-anxiety medication to recover.

This is a rare case though. And, I still say that laser pointers are good for most cats.

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (16863 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10817 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54276 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (23681 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (17874 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11232 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (18240 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (11853 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (32817 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6590 views)