Broken leg - not eating.

Breed: wolf hybrid
Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet clinic. She has a splint on they said it was an oblique break so they were able to easily place it back into the proper spot they gave a couple of pain killers to give her every 12 hours as well as a few syringes of an anti-inflammatory. They said to give her the medication with food and it's been nine hours and she won't eat anything or drink anything . I typically feed her every 4-6 hours two meals with ground turkey, two meals with eukanuba kibble for small breeds. Is this normal? Will she start eating again when she feels ready or should I be concerned and take her to the vet?

Oh, I am so sorry that your puppy broke her leg. The poor little thing!

I am quite concerned that she is not eating. Puppies do not have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration and going this many hours without food or water is definitely not good.

Now, you asked your question last night and unfortunately I am just getting to it now. Hopefully she has eaten overnight. But, if she hasn't, then she definitely needs to go back to see the vet this morning.

The vet may prescribe some additional pain medication as pain is probably the main reason for her lack of appetite. If she is really unwell they may want to keep her in the hospital for a while to help her stay hydrated.

I hope she feels better soon!

I went and bought some more ground turkey and that definitely solved the problem. But she still isn't all for water.Thank you for your help, I'm taking her to the vet in an hour!

Oh, I am glad to hear that she is starting to eat. Hopefully she will drink some water soon!

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (13655 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (18652 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (18479 views)

Spay 10 year old dog? Hello: I adopted a Belgian tervuren 10 months ago. She was already 10 years... (14868 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12502 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (14282 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14258 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5054 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (134844 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (29170 views)