Broken leg - not eating.

Breed: wolf hybrid
Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet clinic. She has a splint on they said it was an oblique break so they were able to easily place it back into the proper spot they gave a couple of pain killers to give her every 12 hours as well as a few syringes of an anti-inflammatory. They said to give her the medication with food and it's been nine hours and she won't eat anything or drink anything . I typically feed her every 4-6 hours two meals with ground turkey, two meals with eukanuba kibble for small breeds. Is this normal? Will she start eating again when she feels ready or should I be concerned and take her to the vet?

Oh, I am so sorry that your puppy broke her leg. The poor little thing!

I am quite concerned that she is not eating. Puppies do not have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration and going this many hours without food or water is definitely not good.

Now, you asked your question last night and unfortunately I am just getting to it now. Hopefully she has eaten overnight. But, if she hasn't, then she definitely needs to go back to see the vet this morning.

The vet may prescribe some additional pain medication as pain is probably the main reason for her lack of appetite. If she is really unwell they may want to keep her in the hospital for a while to help her stay hydrated.

I hope she feels better soon!

I went and bought some more ground turkey and that definitely solved the problem. But she still isn't all for water.Thank you for your help, I'm taking her to the vet in an hour!

Oh, I am glad to hear that she is starting to eat. Hopefully she will drink some water soon!

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5380 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (31530 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (44836 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (6551 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (3844 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7268 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (8250 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (12668 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (15850 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (7512 views)