Will spay terminate pregnancy?

Breed: Chihuahua
It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed ASAP. Will it terminate her pregnancy if gets spayed?

When we spay a dog what we do is remove the ovaries and the uterus. As fetuses live in the uterus, yes, we would be terminating the pregnancy.

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (21094 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19514 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6255 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (27430 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9002 views)

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (4681 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15109 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13857 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (73949 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (78009 views)