Will spay terminate pregnancy?

Breed: Chihuahua
It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed ASAP. Will it terminate her pregnancy if gets spayed?

When we spay a dog what we do is remove the ovaries and the uterus. As fetuses live in the uterus, yes, we would be terminating the pregnancy.

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (19038 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (6968 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5761 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (6615 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (13864 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (5629 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (23254 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (22712 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6851 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (10634 views)