Will spay terminate pregnancy?

Breed: Chihuahua
It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed ASAP. Will it terminate her pregnancy if gets spayed?

When we spay a dog what we do is remove the ovaries and the uterus. As fetuses live in the uterus, yes, we would be terminating the pregnancy.

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (29129 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (31207 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (12756 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (11823 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (11735 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (22560 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (5341 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (24842 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (11275 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (11648 views)