Will spay terminate pregnancy?

Breed: Chihuahua
It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed ASAP. Will it terminate her pregnancy if gets spayed?

When we spay a dog what we do is remove the ovaries and the uterus. As fetuses live in the uterus, yes, we would be terminating the pregnancy.

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5619 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (10190 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (20970 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (8225 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (9480 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (9227 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6404 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (160678 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (15493 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (9762 views)