Will spay terminate pregnancy?

Breed: Chihuahua
It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed ASAP. Will it terminate her pregnancy if gets spayed?

When we spay a dog what we do is remove the ovaries and the uterus. As fetuses live in the uterus, yes, we would be terminating the pregnancy.

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (12533 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (15962 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (6457 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (20620 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (36343 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (11233 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (32240 views)

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (24763 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (22742 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (11706 views)