Cold paws and sore belly.

Breed: stray
My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain whenever you went to pick her up, also when she would walk around, she would constantly try to strech her legs, a couple days later, she has come to the point where she cant walk anymore, she just lays on her side and her paws are cold, she can move her paws a little bit, but when it comes to laying upright(on her belly), sitting up, or walking, she cant do it, she hasnt been going to the bathroom for 2 days, and on the 3rd day, she had a bloody stool, no poop, just blood, im just really woried and i dont think she has a lot of time left, I took her to the vet and he said he doesnt know whats wrong and he hasnt seen anything like it before

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. There are several things I can think of that could cause these symptoms. With cold feet, it sounds like she may have something called an aortoiliac thrombosis (also known as a saddle thrombus). This is a blood clot that forms in the aorta. Cats usually only get this if they are in heart failure. Heart failure can definitely cause fluid in the abdomen.

It's a little bit unusual that your vet would not know what to do here. If this is really true I would recommend getting another opinion. You will likely need to have some tests done. They may want to do some xrays and possible measure her blood pressure to see if this is a saddle thrombus. Unfortunately we usually don't have a successful treatment for a saddle thrombus.

There are other possibilities including FIP, megacolon, a spinal problem and more. But it does sound serious.

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (15038 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (14482 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (33489 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (21487 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (9733 views)

Back leg shaking. My aging Pit bull terrier's back leg shakes like he has Parkinson's disease. Back... (9571 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (5272 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (9389 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (13917 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (61390 views)