Cold paws and sore belly.

Breed: stray
My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain whenever you went to pick her up, also when she would walk around, she would constantly try to strech her legs, a couple days later, she has come to the point where she cant walk anymore, she just lays on her side and her paws are cold, she can move her paws a little bit, but when it comes to laying upright(on her belly), sitting up, or walking, she cant do it, she hasnt been going to the bathroom for 2 days, and on the 3rd day, she had a bloody stool, no poop, just blood, im just really woried and i dont think she has a lot of time left, I took her to the vet and he said he doesnt know whats wrong and he hasnt seen anything like it before

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. There are several things I can think of that could cause these symptoms. With cold feet, it sounds like she may have something called an aortoiliac thrombosis (also known as a saddle thrombus). This is a blood clot that forms in the aorta. Cats usually only get this if they are in heart failure. Heart failure can definitely cause fluid in the abdomen.

It's a little bit unusual that your vet would not know what to do here. If this is really true I would recommend getting another opinion. You will likely need to have some tests done. They may want to do some xrays and possible measure her blood pressure to see if this is a saddle thrombus. Unfortunately we usually don't have a successful treatment for a saddle thrombus.

There are other possibilities including FIP, megacolon, a spinal problem and more. But it does sound serious.

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (10701 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (87475 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5498 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (94580 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (24269 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9368 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (11715 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (11683 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6455 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (27984 views)