Cold paws and sore belly.

Breed: stray
My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain whenever you went to pick her up, also when she would walk around, she would constantly try to strech her legs, a couple days later, she has come to the point where she cant walk anymore, she just lays on her side and her paws are cold, she can move her paws a little bit, but when it comes to laying upright(on her belly), sitting up, or walking, she cant do it, she hasnt been going to the bathroom for 2 days, and on the 3rd day, she had a bloody stool, no poop, just blood, im just really woried and i dont think she has a lot of time left, I took her to the vet and he said he doesnt know whats wrong and he hasnt seen anything like it before

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. There are several things I can think of that could cause these symptoms. With cold feet, it sounds like she may have something called an aortoiliac thrombosis (also known as a saddle thrombus). This is a blood clot that forms in the aorta. Cats usually only get this if they are in heart failure. Heart failure can definitely cause fluid in the abdomen.

It's a little bit unusual that your vet would not know what to do here. If this is really true I would recommend getting another opinion. You will likely need to have some tests done. They may want to do some xrays and possible measure her blood pressure to see if this is a saddle thrombus. Unfortunately we usually don't have a successful treatment for a saddle thrombus.

There are other possibilities including FIP, megacolon, a spinal problem and more. But it does sound serious.

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15781 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (11642 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (37459 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11499 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21463 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14343 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (30650 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36352 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (27483 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (7796 views)