Cold paws and sore belly.

Breed: stray
My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain whenever you went to pick her up, also when she would walk around, she would constantly try to strech her legs, a couple days later, she has come to the point where she cant walk anymore, she just lays on her side and her paws are cold, she can move her paws a little bit, but when it comes to laying upright(on her belly), sitting up, or walking, she cant do it, she hasnt been going to the bathroom for 2 days, and on the 3rd day, she had a bloody stool, no poop, just blood, im just really woried and i dont think she has a lot of time left, I took her to the vet and he said he doesnt know whats wrong and he hasnt seen anything like it before

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. There are several things I can think of that could cause these symptoms. With cold feet, it sounds like she may have something called an aortoiliac thrombosis (also known as a saddle thrombus). This is a blood clot that forms in the aorta. Cats usually only get this if they are in heart failure. Heart failure can definitely cause fluid in the abdomen.

It's a little bit unusual that your vet would not know what to do here. If this is really true I would recommend getting another opinion. You will likely need to have some tests done. They may want to do some xrays and possible measure her blood pressure to see if this is a saddle thrombus. Unfortunately we usually don't have a successful treatment for a saddle thrombus.

There are other possibilities including FIP, megacolon, a spinal problem and more. But it does sound serious.

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5904 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (37730 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10556 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (27162 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (12864 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (5468 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (29454 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (75487 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9411 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (44136 views)