White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (24368 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (14676 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (13855 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (13200 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (22084 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (10426 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (12111 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (13513 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (5682 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (8043 views)