White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (8089 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (32110 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4026 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (14847 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4517 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (4386 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (75616 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (6063 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (30330 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (4956 views)