White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (11966 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (12540 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (11525 views)

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (33839 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (8908 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (6647 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (47147 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (12523 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (32785 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (11966 views)