White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (12877 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (40442 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (12120 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (5493 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (8569 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (11013 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (16550 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (138324 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (76352 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (12216 views)