White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (9681 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (13045 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17653 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (17778 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (36646 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (10457 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (15121 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (7655 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (7686 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (33874 views)