White vaginal discharge.

Breed: GSD
Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her vaginal area. My Vet has checked for infection and found nothing stating that there is no cause for concern. It comes and goes so I know she is not pregnant and she has never had a litter. Any reason for this discharge?

It can be normal to have a milky discharge. If the discharge is yellow or green and irritating then I would be worried about a vaginal infection (vaginitis). But, a white non-irritating discharge is likely nothing to worry about.

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (92644 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8646 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4971 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9603 views)

Do dogs sweat? Zoe, our chow mix, never pants. When our other dogs, after playtime, are laying... (7782 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (21514 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16091 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (23705 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (23128 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (4954 views)