Is my hamster dead?

Breed: Long haired hamster
My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't closing them. I'm scared because I don't want to think he is dead. Please help!

Sorry to hear that your hamster may not be well. It is possible that he is starting to hibernate but it may also be that he is dying.

Here is another question that asks, is my hamster hibernating or dead?

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6407 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (9152 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (36412 views)

Great Dane footpad problems. I am employeed as a dog walker and recently began visiting a young Great Dane. Her... (12628 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (10576 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6144 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (23568 views)

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (17927 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (15970 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (6022 views)