Is my hamster dead?

Breed: Long haired hamster
My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't closing them. I'm scared because I don't want to think he is dead. Please help!

Sorry to hear that your hamster may not be well. It is possible that he is starting to hibernate but it may also be that he is dying.

Here is another question that asks, is my hamster hibernating or dead?

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (27872 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (10287 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11026 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10243 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15243 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7113 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (14520 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8309 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (23869 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10484 views)