Can I feed raw veggies?

Breed: Lab/Golden retriever
Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green peppers, brocolli, kale, spinach and carrots? I always washthe vegies before we eat them, but she begs for some too.

If your dog would like to eat these vegetables they are very good to give to her!

The only veggies to avoid are garlic and onions. And as far as fruit goes, avoid grapes and raisins.

Thanks for an interesting question!

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7114 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (7918 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10524 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24956 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5489 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (31655 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5350 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (19193 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (7840 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (8281 views)