Bald patches on cats.

Breed: DSH
I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They are now getting balding patches, although I have not seen them grooming excessively. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Hi there and thanks for your question. The answer to this question depends on where the bald patches are.

If you are finding bald patches on the back over the base of the tail then I would be highly suspicious for fleas. Fleas are possible even if you can't see any fleas or dirt. There have to be an awful lot of fleas before they are visible.

If the hair loss is on their belly then this can be due to overgrooming even if you don't see them groom often.

If they are random patches over the body then you may want to have your vet test for ringworm which is a fungal infection that is contagious from cat to cat.

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (27132 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (13553 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (9776 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (19591 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (78977 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (49965 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (20062 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (14675 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (8911 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (10466 views)