Bald patches on cats.

Breed: DSH
I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They are now getting balding patches, although I have not seen them grooming excessively. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Hi there and thanks for your question. The answer to this question depends on where the bald patches are.

If you are finding bald patches on the back over the base of the tail then I would be highly suspicious for fleas. Fleas are possible even if you can't see any fleas or dirt. There have to be an awful lot of fleas before they are visible.

If the hair loss is on their belly then this can be due to overgrooming even if you don't see them groom often.

If they are random patches over the body then you may want to have your vet test for ringworm which is a fungal infection that is contagious from cat to cat.

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (9497 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (22546 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (11166 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (10766 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7469 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (6609 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (10472 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (12629 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (8869 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (14155 views)